Is it just me

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot":2wl0h866 said:
Bestoutwest":2wl0h866 said:
Bigfoot":2wl0h866 said:
I'm surprised more people don't think it's rediculous to display a brand promanantly on shirts etc. for an operation that exist almost entirely in the guys imagination. Sure, it's the guys money, and his decision, but still kinda stupid.

So does that mean people shouldn't rope cattle for fun if they don't work on a ranch? Surely doing that would make someone a cowboy only in their imagination.....

Not trying to be a jerk BF, but almost anything can be construed as idiotic by another person.

Oh I see what your saying. I've just always thought painting your name on stuff serves no purpose (unless it's advertising). I'm a draw attention away from myself, not to myself kind of person.

There are those who are afraid of attention but they covet it.

There are those who covet attention but do not profess to.

There are those who crave but don't know it.

There are those who bask in it and they find it rewarding.

But I never met ANYONE who avoids it unless their insecure.

That is my experience in life, and I will hold to it.

Bright Raven":2r7r9lfh said:
Bigfoot":2r7r9lfh said:
Bestoutwest":2r7r9lfh said:
So does that mean people shouldn't rope cattle for fun if they don't work on a ranch? Surely doing that would make someone a cowboy only in their imagination.....

Not trying to be a jerk BF, but almost anything can be construed as idiotic by another person.

Oh I see what your saying. I've just always thought painting your name on stuff serves no purpose (unless it's advertising). I'm a draw attention away from myself, not to myself kind of person.

There are those who crave but don't know it. :D

There are those who don't care what you think :D

Bigfoot":24ywlj1v said:
Bright Raven":24ywlj1v said:
Bigfoot":24ywlj1v said:

I have no doubt about that.

It is a great subject. I bet it caused you to do at least a minor self evaluation.

Bright Raven":sjikk0q8 said:
Bigfoot":sjikk0q8 said:
Bright Raven":sjikk0q8 said:

It is a great subject. I bet it caused you to do at least a minor self evaluation.

I've chuckled since I typed that. Glad you took it well.

It is a good subject. Honestly, I don't like attention. Was actually raised to not draw attention, boast, show off, show out........That sort of thing. I think it made me more secure.

Thoughts?

Bigfoot":svng82qu said:
Bright Raven":svng82qu said:
Bigfoot":svng82qu said:

It is a good subject. Honestly, I don't like attention. Was actually raised to not draw attention, boast, show off, show out........That sort of thing. I think it made me more secure.

Thoughts?
Yes. To be trained not to seek attention is fine but that does not prevent one from coveting attention.

It is normal behavior to seek attention. Birds are brightly colored to attract attention. A bull bellows to attract attention.

Women wear fine garments to attract attention.

I think it is a function of personality. I also was not meaning to say that it is a negative characteristic.

I don't think society defines right and wrong accurately when it comes to behavior.
I will confess, I enjoy attention and it motivates me to perform well. It has been an asset. When I conducted public meetings I enjoyed the attention and it motivated me to perform well.

Bright Raven":2a8w1hq5 said:
Bigfoot":2a8w1hq5 said:
Bright Raven":2a8w1hq5 said:

Thoughts?
Yes. To be trained not to seek attention is fine but that does not prevent one from coveting attention.

It is normal behavior to seek attention. Birds are brightly colored to attract attention. A bull bellows to attract attention.

I think it is a function of personality. I also was not meaning to say that it is a negative characteristic.

I don't think society defines right and wrong accurately when it comes to behavior.
I will confess, I enjoy attention and it motivates me to perform well. It has been an asset. When I conducted public meetings I enjoyed the attention and it motivated me to perform well.

Just thought of an area I do like attention........When someone says my place is neat and orderly. So, I do like some form of attention.

Bigfoot":2om2j6vo said:
Bright Raven":2om2j6vo said:
Bigfoot":2om2j6vo said:

Thoughts?

Just thought of an area I do like attention........When someone says my place is neat and orderly. So, I do like some form of attention.

Bigfoot, EVERYONE likes attention in some form or other. :cboy:

Bright Raven":2wpn8idt said:
Bigfoot":2wpn8idt said:
Bright Raven":2wpn8idt said:

If I had boobies I'd plaster them all over FB
That seems to get lots of attention

Cross-7":3jcuhvu1 said:
Bright Raven":3jcuhvu1 said:
Bigfoot":3jcuhvu1 said:

See. Cross understands.

Bright Raven":3hm7igkl said:
Cross-7":3hm7igkl said:
Bright Raven":3hm7igkl said:

See. Cross understands.
I think Cross needs some psychiatric attention. Got way too many personalities.

TexasBred":xzjivx4m said:
Bright Raven":xzjivx4m said:
Cross-7":xzjivx4m said:

See. Cross understands.

Deep down, I think there is a soft feminine side searching for release and expression. Observe his reference to "boobies". Notice carefully the words, I'D PLASTER THEM ALL OVER...

I think it all started in childhood when his parents would punish him severely for seeking attention.

TexasBred":gnuqeeba said:
Bright Raven":gnuqeeba said:
Cross-7":gnuqeeba said:

See. Cross understands.

Of the many things I'm lacking personality is probably what I'm lacking the most.
I self medicate in the evenings after work.
After about a 6 pack I'm all good :D

midTN_Brangusman":2yzr5sxt said:
Cross we sell out hats with our brand for $3,000, but they come with a free bull!

For advertising and increasing sales it makes good sense, but if you're not selling anything I don't get it.
But there's lots of other things to ponder

Cross-7":3lw5g6a4 said:
TexasBred":3lw5g6a4 said:
Bright Raven":3lw5g6a4 said:
See. Cross understands.

All alcohol does is keep it suppressed. Let it out, son.

Cross-7":17909eyb said:
TexasBred":17909eyb said:
Bright Raven":17909eyb said:
See. Cross understands.

Of the many things I'm lacking personality is probably what I'm lacking the most.
No you just get confused about which one is in charge "today". :lol: :lol:

TexasBred":elnshhyc said:
Cross-7":elnshhyc said:
TexasBred":elnshhyc said:

No you just get confused about which one is in charge "today". :lol: :lol:

Nope I just try to get along with everyone.

Somebody starts talking about anything from hats to hunting dogs and it'll turn into an argument on here.
99.9% doesn't amount to a hill of beans

Latest posts