Is it just me

Help Support CattleToday:

We just had a farm with no name. Now it is an LLC, has a name, separate checking account, trucks and trailers owned by the LLC. It is now run as a business because of generational transfer and liability. If we sold to individuals instead of the sale barn we would have hats and coffee mugs it is called advertising. For the record, it is a farm when the elevation is 2000 feet and below, above 2000 feet it is a ranch. If you get one cutting of hay it is a ranch. If you store your hay outside with no roof it is a ranch. If you charge someone $1,500 to spend the week riding horses, pretending to be a cowboy and fixing your fence it is a guest ranch. :hide:

True Grit Farms":ghznxzw5 said:
He might just want a good T shirt, it's about impossible to find a heavy weight T shirt with a pocket.
Is it alright to wear a cowboy hat and boots if you don't have a 100 head or 3 sections of land?
Yep...but gotta have a few more cattle to wear your pants legs down in your boots.

ez14.":3fixfkvg said:
well if anyone wants hats or shirts or anything made just let me know. i know someone who can help you out!
Could I get some men's rompers made with my ranch name "Needmore Land and Cattle Co."?

I'm surprised more people don't think it's rediculous to display a brand promanantly on shirts etc. for an operation that exist almost entirely in the guys imagination. Sure, it's the guys money, and his decision, but still kinda stupid.

I have hats and shirts jackets and such a few trucks with farm name on them. I just personally like seeing my name on something that I have worked hard by sacrificing, scrimping and sweat of my brow. I do not sell seed stock but do sell animals for meat etc.. Man I sure hope no one around me is jealous of me ... If so they can be me and pay this huge stack of bills I get every month. I think if they did they wouldn't be jealous of me anymore but feel sorry for me and maybe start a go fund me account. :lol: :lol:

Bigfoot":3k9pjncl said:
I'm surprised more people don't think it's rediculous to display a brand promanantly on shirts etc. for an operation that exist almost entirely in the guys imagination. Sure, it's the guys money, and his decision, but still kinda stupid.

I sure can't see where living my dream hurts anyone. I've wanted to be a cowboy since my first rocking horse, are you old enough to remember them?

Bigfoot":3ppv98y3 said:

Mama said stupid is as stupid does

True Grit Farms":39arcp59 said:
Bigfoot":39arcp59 said:

I sure can't see where living my dream hurts anyone. I've wanted to be a cowboy since my first rocking horse, are you old enough to remember them?

Had a stick horse. My brother broke his arm riding his. Mine musta been more gentle.

Bigfoot":2of113wd said:
True Grit Farms":2of113wd said:
Bigfoot":2of113wd said:

Had a stick horse. My brother broke his arm riding his. Mine musta been more gentle.

Maybe you were just a better cowboy Bigfoot.

Bigfoot":ymv5mshc said:

Fire Sweep has their brand on their trailer, clothes, even as her avatar. But so do all the serious people in the show business.

BTW: their brand is cool.

Would it be better if the guy ran around with a Nike shirt, or Underarmor, Yeti, Realtree camo etc.? All made by slave labor in China which YOU pay THEM to advertise, now that seems stupid.

This reminds me of some topic when I first joined about facial hair, strange how opinionated we can all be about other people's business. We're all advertising something whether we realize it or not, and I'm not talking about branded shirts either.

It used to really bother me, and probably still does a little, that people have animals in their house. I just was not raised like that and it seems downright unsanitary to me. At some point I realized that it isn't me that has to put up with it, but the other person, so why worry if it doesn't affect me. Same deal with weird piercings, hair, tattoos etc. Now those people know how to advertise, and apparently it's working for them cause sometimes I can't stop looking!

I understand where cross-7 is coming from, but it sounds like the guy is having fun with it, maybe some "hey look at me" in there but he's obviously not hurting anyone and by the sounds of it a decent guy. I'm in the business, and believe me, this is a "thing" now. People with tiny patches of blueberries get shirts and signs done, and they have fun at it. Nobody takes it too seriously, and sometimes the t-shirt sales make money where the actual business won't even turn a profit! Not saying this is true of this guy, but it is for many other branded shirts you see running around.

My wife got a machine where she can make logos and stuff and has gone into business making stuff and selling it. She is talking about making me a ball cap with my brand on it. Might even make a one to put on the back of my phone case and on my cup. I wear ball caps all the time with other people's logos anything from the PBR to Ducks Unlimited so why not wear something with my logo aka brand. I am not that big just a few acres and a few head. I know several ranchers all under 50 head who have there brands embroidered on their dress shirts. My Grandfather use to have ball caps made up with the brand on them he would wear them and give them to my dad and us grandkids. I don't see the big deal. I got to many problems of my own to worry about what someone else is doing. I say let it go dude.

True Grit Farms":ru4njmx7 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":ru4njmx7 said:
True Grit Farms":ru4njmx7 said:
He might just want a good T shirt, it's about impossible to find a heavy weight T shirt with a pocket.
Is it alright to wear a cowboy hat and boots if you don't have a 100 head or 3 sections of land?

No it isn't alright. You have to wear Muck boots and a ball cap at that level.

Well can you drive a Town car instead of a pickup truck? Nesikep has me figured out, arrogant.
The arrogant part is being completely new to farming, buying a place, and saying you had it figured out after a week, when it's rather evident most things you're doing aren't working out, and that's because you learned it in a book or watched a youtube video

Meanwhile, I'm perfectly happy in my Muck boots and ball cap.. my usual attire!

Nesikep":1x5h7tx7 said:
True Grit Farms":1x5h7tx7 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1x5h7tx7 said:
No it isn't alright. You have to wear Muck boots and a ball cap at that level.

Well can you drive a Town car instead of a pickup truck? Nesikep has me figured out, arrogant.
The arrogant part is being completely new to farming, buying a place, and saying you had it figured out after a week, when it's rather evident most things you're doing aren't working out, and that's because you learned it in a book or watched a youtube video

Meanwhile, I'm perfectly happy in my Muck boots and ball cap.. my usual attire!

Doesn't it get cold with just boots and ball cap up there?

Bigfoot":1prkm5we said:

So does that mean people shouldn't rope cattle for fun if they don't work on a ranch? Surely doing that would make someone a cowboy only in their imagination.....

Not trying to be a jerk BF, but almost anything can be construed as idiotic by another person.

Bestoutwest":2ayu7bxe said:
Bigfoot":2ayu7bxe said:

So does that mean people shouldn't rope cattle for fun if they don't work on a ranch? Surely doing that would make someone a cowboy only in their imagination.....

Not trying to be a jerk BF, but almost anything can be construed as idiotic by another person.

Oh I see what your saying. I've just always thought painting your name on stuff serves no purpose (unless it's advertising). I'm a draw attention away from myself, not to myself kind of person.

Just had a funny thought. I bought 3 calves for a guy at church today. He has a little lot by his house, he wanted them to eat it down some. I should get some business cards printed up now---------Bigfoot order buyer.

Bigfoot":1e7hqxy4 said:
Just had a funny thought. I bought 3 calves for a guy at church today. He has a little lot by his house, he wanted them to eat it down some. I should get some business cards printed up now---------Bigfoot order buyer.

That would work, just don't put God bless on the card or a scripture, those folks are thieves.

Bigfoot":1oxaz47q said:
Oh I see what your saying. I've just always thought painting your name on stuff serves no purpose (unless it's advertising). I'm a draw attention away from myself, not to myself kind of person.

So am I. I just try not to judge what another does with their money if it's not too stupid or it doesn't hurt me.

Latest posts