Hedging inflation.

Help Support CattleToday:

Many is the time when somebody would try to get a loan and the lender refused the loan because they were not considered a good credit risk. They would just hate the lender.

If they did get the loan, then when the payment came due they would hate the lender because he expected them to pay the money back. :roll:

TexasBred":1nly0479 said:
backhoeboogie":1nly0479 said:
Stealing is all in perception. To some folks selliing calves at auction when the market is high is taking advantage. Akin to gouging. These same folks would smile if you were taking a loss. They feel if you are making a profit on cows, hay or anything else you are like the company store.
Boogie...had an old uncle went to his grave hating my brother in law....he called the BIL and wanted to sell him his cattle.....BIL gave him what he wanted for them....hauled them to the sale barn and made some money.....ol' Unc. saw it and never forgave him for it. Funny thing is that was 40 years ago and BIL probably didn't make $150 off the whole group.

LOL It is amazing what people get upset over. If BIL would have taken a loss on the lot, what would he have done?

backhoeboogie":2hwfwpu6 said:
LOL It is amazing what people get upset over. If BIL would have taken a loss on the lot, what would he have done?

Probably strutted like a peacock thinking he had really "put the britches" on the BIL. :lol:

Stocks crashed some yesterday. November 7 2012 I have little at-risk.
Most of my 401k is in interest bearing accounts that aren't bearing much.
How do you prepare for both inflation and deflation?
I'm totally prepared for disaster. I'm second guessing my financial preparedness.
This post is 8.8 years old.
Hindsight proves buying the stock market was a winning strategy.

$10,000 invested Dec 1st 2012 in Total Stock Index Fund is worth $32,658 today

10,000 bet on the Vikings to win 9 or more games this season pays $19,000
Two months ago I thought that would be a better investment than Bit Coin or the Stock Market.

After watching the preseason it looks like the Vikings will be hard pressed to win 8
I am so glad I didn't pull the trigger, although come December might be kicking myself. :)

Vikes open at Cinnci tomorrow, my guess 30-27 Vikes :)

It's a myth that inflation hits the elderly the hardest.

53.2% of nation's wealth is owned by people 56-75 aka 21.5% of the population.
But yes, the elderly who live at or below the poverty line are hit the hardest.

Millennials 25-40 are 22% of the population with less than 6% of the wealth.

No matter what commercials tell you, 60 is old and not the new 16.
When I see a commercial with people over 55 saying I do this and have never felt better in my life. It makes me think.... What the heck was your problem at 27-28? Those are the years most athletes are physically at their peak.

Last edited:
10,000 bet on the Vikings to win 9 or more games this season pays $19,000
Two months ago I thought that would be a better investment than Bit Coin or the Stock Market.

After watching the preseason it looks like the Vikings will be hard pressed to win 8
I am so glad I didn't pull the trigger, although come December might be kicking myself. :)

Vikes open at Cinnci tomorrow, my guess 30-27 Vikes :)
grrrr my vikings lost 27-24 in overtime
looks like it's going to be a 7-10 season as I was counting on a win at Cinci

Market Timing of the stock market.
Sell Rosh Hashana (Friday Sept 3 2021) Buy Yom Kipper (Friday Sept 17 2021)

The Jewish folklore of sell Rosh Hashana buy Yom Kipper strategy was had 56% success rate over the last 50 years

Buy Yom Kipper sell Passover (Friday April 15 2022) 64% success rate

Latest posts