Garden 2017

Help Support CattleToday:

I'd pick a bunch of those mustard greens and stir fry them in some bacon grease fo sho.

I finished my roto tilling yesterday morning, about three fourths of it anyway which is all I want at this time. Got 22 rows about 200 ft long. Had a good rain on it yesterday so next week when I plant with the push planter should get some good traction.

ga.prime":1966mem8 said:
I'd pick a bunch of those mustard greens and stir fry them in some bacon grease fo sho.

I finished my roto tilling yesterday morning, about three fourths of it anyway which is all I want at this time. Got 22 rows about 200 ft long. Had a good rain on it yesterday so next week when I plant with the push planter should get some good traction.

Yes sir im definitely going to fry some up with bacon grease lil cayenne sugar and vinegar garlic powder and onions.. Seeing that tiller makes my back instantly hurt.

The tiller wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so slow. The engine rpms won't go much above idle speed. You know that bar you have to keep held down with your hand to keep it in forward gear and the tines rotating? I zip tied that to the handle bars so I didn't have to keep a death grip on it all the time. You just have to give a nudge left or right almost constantly to keep it going in the right direction. Also have to lift up on the back end pretty regularly to keep it from spinning down. Pure drudgery using that thing.

ga.prime":2chp9vr2 said:
The tiller wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so slow. The engine rpms won't go much above idle speed. You know that bar you have to keep held down with your hand to keep it in forward gear and the tines rotating? I zip tied that to the handle bars so I didn't have to keep a death grip on it all the time. You just have to give a nudge left or right almost constantly to keep it going in the right direction. Also have to lift up on the back end pretty regularly to keep it from spinning down. Pure drudgery using that thing.

Im sure but that's why I love my cub its perfect for the garden I have a front time tiller and use it only when I have too that thing you have a handle but you cant zip tie it cause that thing bounces so much you need to disengage often to keep it under control. I have invented new curse words while using it. If you hit a rock oh boy you got something on your hands then.

skyhightree1":3n0vmdz0 said:
ga.prime":3n0vmdz0 said:

Im sure but that's why I love my cub its perfect for the garden I have a front time tiller and use it only when I have too that thing you have a handle but you cant zip tie it cause that thing bounces so much you need to disengage often to keep it under control. I have invented new curse words while using it. If you hit a rock oh boy you got something on your hands then.

LOL, I used to haver one of those front tine tillers. It was like a bucking bronco. Much less boring than the rear tine model.

ga.prime":14e6ixvy said:
skyhightree1":14e6ixvy said:
ga.prime":14e6ixvy said:

LOL, I used to haver one of those front tine tillers. It was like a bucking bronco. Much less boring than the rear tine model.

:D Now what I did enjoy was using the 2 wheel tractor with the sickle mower and the potato plow attachment. I thought I was doing something by shifting gears

I got time today to put in the garden was going to do it yesterday but unfortunately it didn't happen. Tire busted on the way home but still disced anyway I will fix it later.

So far
2 rows of white potatoes
3 rows of corn
48 pepper plants green and yellow
48 cabbages
half row of peas
half row of green beans
half row of squash

IMG_20170415_081009327_zpsn1oiy2ig.jpg

IMG_20170415_131150244_zpsfphrnqrd.jpg

IMG_20170415_131421615_zps4ttauqtx.jpg

So far got some potatoes, onions, beets, carrots, peas, lettuce and several kinds of greens coming up. Been eating asparagus and lettuce ( well actually I haven't eaten but one leaf of lettuce just to say I did but others in the family have ). Saturday, I planted 2 rows of white half runner beans, and some Ambrosia sweet corn. Hoping to get some Roma beans and some more corn planted later this week or next.

Ky hills":blo3esha said:
So far got some potatoes, onions, beets, carrots, peas, lettuce and several kinds of greens coming up. Been eating asparagus and lettuce ( well actually I haven't eaten but one leaf of lettuce just to say I did but others in the family have ). Saturday, I planted 2 rows of white half runner beans, and some Ambrosia sweet corn. Hoping to get some Roma beans and some more corn planted later this week or next.

half runners are a pain in the butt sometimes .. I think blue lakes are a lil better on snapping than those lil half runners I planted some cause family likes them better than blue lakes. I planted carrots doubt they grow but I planted them.

I think the wife finished her seed planting last week. We've been eating spinach and collards and she pulled a few beets this morning. Onions and turnips are also very close to pulling.

slick4591":3ni4be1t said:
I think the wife finished her seed planting last week. We've been eating spinach and collards and she pulled a few beets this morning. Onions and turnips are also very close to pulling.

I do not like beets much.. The spinach I could eat a boat load and collards . Onions just do not do well for me when my grandpa use to take horse S... and pile it in the barn for a year then chop it up finely and put around his onions and till it in those suckers were huge and strong to the point you would have to leave the room for a while after cutting into one.

got some of mine planted a few days ago. now that i'm done haying i have about 3000 more things to do.. but i'm gonna get the rest of that garden planted as soon as I get some stength and free time.

I replanted some corn that didn't come up well

IMG_20170519_065920562_zps3x5fwsyk.jpg

Overall garden but not happy with it - I will be planting some cantaloupes soon and sweet potato

IMG_20170519_071605643_zpsmsq6dbe2.jpg

Latest posts