fence tips and tricks

Help Support CattleToday:

I put up a lot of temporary fence that I used trees for post. And one of these days I'll do it right...yeah right. Some of the trees have grown so much that you can't see the insulators and the fence shorted out. Time is flying by.

were can i buy the tornado wire products form? i am n oklahoma. i could even be intreseted in the cheaper pallets of 16 gauge.

Farm Fence Solutions":fqcija9y said:
callmefence":fqcija9y said:
M-5":fqcija9y said:
Speak for yourself those of is in the civilized part of Florida have seen it all.

Ain't you the guy that recommended old pallets for patching net wire fence.

:lol:

Now I never advocted to build fence with pallets but if you need a patch to last several yrs and a quick mend then yes by all means use my idea all you want.

True Grit Farms":1fyqi38n said:
I put up a lot of temporary fence that I used trees for post. And one of these days I'll do it right...yeah right. Some of the trees have grown so much that you can't see the insulators and the fence shorted out. Time is flying by.

hahaha.. same :lol2:

a question on knotted fence stretchers. My son came by Sunday. He's making a career move from La to Houston, has his home sold in La and plans to buy in the suburbs. Brought me some stuff he says he'll never use again. Including a pair of these 5' things.
They look kinda cumbersome to use and are pretty heavy. Are they worth the effort? Won't the wedges cut the wire?
http://www.kencove.com/fence/Woven+Wire ... l_TSC5.php

(Also unloaded a tee post driver. Told him I had a couple already. "I don't care, I'm leavin 'em here and never want to see another one as long as I live".) :lol: :lol:

greybeard":1b64nrh1 said:
a question on knotted fence stretchers. My son came by Sunday. He's making a career move from La to Houston, has his home sold in La and plans to buy in the suburbs. Brought me some stuff he says he'll never use again. Including a pair of these 5' things.
They look kinda cumbersome to use and are pretty heavy. Are they worth the effort? Won't the wedges cut the wire?

(Also unloaded a tee post driver. Told him I had a couple already. "I don't care, I'm leavin 'em here and never want to see another one as long as I live".) :lol: :lol:

Really the only style of store bought net wire stretcher worth having. You can truly pull it tight with one.
I don't use them because they are cumbersome, expensive and my guys can't keep up with the wedge's.( They lost the bucket to my skidsteer not long ago) I've demo my method. But yes those are good stretcher bars.

I guess you should be glad they didn't lose the skidsteer too...

(I can't talk much...I've lost a crapload of tools in my life.)

greybeard":1p1j89n4 said:

I use them every day, and did a gut strain video a while back with them. They are my choice for most stretching duties. Replacement wedges are available. :D

I just recently purchased a set of those from some place called Farm Fence Solutions. I love them they are fast to put on the wire and u can pull the wire as tight as you want to and they will hold.

Bigfoot":1dvmgr75 said:
Bigfoot":1dvmgr75 said:
Arthritis has me thinking I need one of these. Worth having?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PNzHF9TIm9E

Not available locally. I guess I'll be the guine pig, and order one. Fastenal, said they carry them, but I'd have buy 2. Interesting business model they have out there.
Always been my complaint about Fastenal here. You have to buy a whole box or bag of fasteners no matter how few you only need.

I wonder how good those things work on wire that's actually been tightened?

greybeard":3hde2uly said:
Bigfoot":3hde2uly said:
Bigfoot":3hde2uly said:
Arthritis has me thinking I need one of these. Worth having?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PNzHF9TIm9E

Not available locally. I guess I'll be the guine pig, and order one. Fastenal, said they carry them, but I'd have buy 2. Interesting business model they have out there.
Always been my complaint about Fastenal here. You have to buy a whole box or bag of fasteners no matter how few you only need.

I don't know, but it sure looks simple to operate. A bag of 100 clips is $4.99.

Bigfoot":3r3yyu7x said:
greybeard":3r3yyu7x said:
Bigfoot":3r3yyu7x said:

I don't know, but it sure looks simple to operate. A bag of 100 clips is $4.99.

It honestly looks kinda awkward to Me. I could be wrong. Certainly wouldn't be the first time.

greybeard":18tbo3zf said:
I bet those aren't cheap to buy are they ken?
(You know us Americans--we like to hold on to our dollars...)

I don't know how much extra GB as I haven't personally used them as like you I don't buy the galvanised post as they don't have to last all that long to see me out but I know the contractors are using them a lot as the time saving more than pays for the extra cost. I have a back fence to replace and I think I will use them.

Ken

Latest posts