Craigslist cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

24 years ago we had a colt we raised with a cutting trainer. We did ok with him, Got our entry fees back plus some. Sold enough stud fees to pay for the training. Gelded him when I got tired of dealing with a dam studhorse.
We were leading all the horses he was riding to the stable at a show we were at… walking by a long nose Pete with an 8 or 10 horse living quarters trailer, painted to the nines and the setting sun shining on the polished chrome hurt your eyes. I remarked it was a pretty fancy rig. Denton's reply was that I wouldn't put my chickens in the house the owner lived in.
The next year I showed the horse myself at a few local cuttings. My truck and trailer weren't much for fancy. At breakfast one morning another 'high class" cutter made comment about my rig. I said it was paid for, was his? Brought the house down and ended the conversation.
Yup... I'd rather have a mud hut that's paid for than the biggest house in town that's two payments behind.

Here ya go. Price wasn't listed.
I expect him to be breeding this summer :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. I can't even, these people! I mean he looks like a newborn calf and not a very good one at that. I bet they want over $1,000 for him. These people need someone to mentor them so they don't sound so ignorant.

I seen an ad years ago in the newspaper (that tells you how long ago that was ) classifieds for a horse, said it was half bay and half quarter horse :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:, and here I was thinking bay was a color.

I expect him to be breeding this summer :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. I can't even, these people! I mean he looks like a newborn calf and not a very good one at that. I bet they want over $1,000 for him. These people need someone to mentor them so they don't sound so ignorant.

I seen an ad years ago in the newspaper (that tells you how long ago that was ) classifieds for a horse, said it was half bay and half quarter horse :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:, and here I was thinking bay was a color.
They want $2,000 for those stellar genetics. That's truly their price. Someone asked and they answered.

For $2500 you can get one of these. It was listed 3 posts below the first.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240131_203111_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240131_203111_Facebook.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I should hide my head... neighbor dairy farmer GAVE me the latest born jersey bull calf... just picked him up... offered to pay him something and the son said, just take him they aren't worth much...
Picked up a holstein bull calf from the dairy that I am going to take their surplus bull calves from, for $150....

I should hide my head... neighbor dairy farmer GAVE me the latest born jersey bull calf... just picked him up... offered to pay him something and the son said, just take him they aren't worth much...
Picked up a holstein bull calf from the dairy that I am going to take their surplus bull calves from, for $150....
There's your chance to pick up 4 to 6 k. 😂

Last jersey calf I bought I paid $50 because I felt sorry for it.... Guy told me he was going to kill it if it didn't sell, but he wouldn't give it away either. Anyhow I ended up selling it a week later for $50 and I had to throw in a half of a bucket of milk replacer to get any interest. That was a couple of years or so ago.
Guy I got it from told me in 2014 that he was getting $250 per bottle.Bull calf..

Latest posts