Couple cow circles

Help Support CattleToday:

Feeding pea and lentil screenings pellets to save some hay and put a little meat on the girls. Warmed up to -28 from -47 this morning by time I got there. My truck wanted to take today off and not start this morning. Moved tractors out of shop and rolled truck in, hour later we were rolling.View attachment 23997View attachment 23998
Looks like a nice day with the sun out. I think I could handle that.
You talk Centigrade don't you Dave? That's my language.

Ken

We were -27* F this morning with 20-25 mph wind after the big chill moved in yesterday. We didn't like it around here. Canadians have all my respect running cows in the cold.

Edit to add pic of cows working over a round bale of millet I rolled off the hill this morning.
1671737179065.png

Last edited:
Looking at the pics that you, @Silver, and a lot of our members "up north" post was actually reassuring before I went out this morning. No, our cattle aren't acclimated to epic cold (and neither am I!!!), but they all have shelter, bedding, good hay, extra cubes and are doing great. Wind chill -40 this morning, up to -20 now and it's stopped snowing, the sun is out. Huge relief. And thank goodness we're not calving! I can deal with all the rest. Supposed to be in the mid 50's later next week. Welcome to KS!

Latest posts