corriente charolais cross

Help Support CattleToday:

Red Bull Breeder":3dafqvzz said:
I sure am glad I don't have to sell cattle in the same market you folks do.

You wouldn't be happy at all.
Limms got tried hot and heavy in this part of the world you can't find one hardly now.
If you want premium money here and it is not black it better be Beefmaster, Braford, Char X Herf

Marketing is where the premium money is made. I make mine because of where I market mine. Only use the sale barn for slaughter cow and bulls. I got a better market that's faster, and only take the check off money out of your check. Most times I can be unloaded weighted up have my money and be gone in under 30 minutes.

Red Bull Breeder":3t29m00s said:
Marketing is where the premium money is made. I make mine because of where I market mine. Only use the sale barn for slaughter cow and bulls. I got a better market that's faster, and only the check off.

Exactly if I could make the same money with a pasture of full of Brahmans and a Hereford
bull would be heaven. I just don't like the idea of giving steer calves away.
Have to run what the customer in your area wants and do it better to get the best price.

We have a bunch of Corriente cows and are breeding them to a Charolais bull and I am loving the cross so far. Had a solid yellow calf out of one yesterday. That will be a great cow for you and will raise a heck of a calf. We got into the Longhorn and Corriente business just to get the crosses to use as mommas. Farmers have been doing it in my area for years. Jump on it and get that cow.
Are the gentle or do they get an attitude with human interaction?

Then I don't think corrient cross cattle are what you want. You don't mention what you plan to do with it/them? But I think it's a safe bet that it'll be much thinner framed than what you prefer.
Are you speaking from 'hands on' experience or passing on an opinion based on what your read or was told?
Either is OK so long as one is upfront about the conclusion offered.
Speaking for myself, I was pleasantly surprised, especially with the quarter bloods for feeders and half bloods make great mothers.

Are you speaking from 'hands on' experience or passing on an opinion based on what your read or was told?
Either is OK so long as one is upfront about the conclusion offered.
Speaking for myself, I was pleasantly surprised, especially with the quarter bloods for feeders and half bloods make great mothers.
Did you read his post that I quoted and highlighted?
And it should be mentioned that this thread is almost 7 years old.

Are the gentle or do they get an attitude with human interaction?
Great disposition and a ton of sense. The more you handle them the better. We keep 30 or so steers at this boy's house, where our practice arena is. Every week, his 2 kids...elementary age... bring the3 steers up from the pasture to the arena on their ponies. They then put them in the stripping chute and wrap their horns. Truth be told, it is more like the ponies follow the steers to the arena. We have one steer that after the heeler releases, will walk up to the header horse and lean his head in for you to take the rope off.

This weekend we will tag and steer the calves that have been born the last 3-4 weeks to our 83 head of Corriente cows. These are the cows that people on here bashed me about because they might see a human 4 times a year, and this weekend and at weaning in August, is the only time we round them up and handle them. We will be able to just ride up to and get off and tag (and cut, if bull calves) the newest ones, and heel the 3-4 week old ones. Their mommas will just stand by them and watch...might blow or snort a little...but won't make any attempt to hurt us.

Latest posts