Cool album covers

Help Support CattleToday:

ohiosteve

Reaction score
My daughter is an awesome musician. I'm not sure how it happened and I don't pressure her at all to play or sing but she is a natural. I have been slowly converting the biggest part of our lowest level of our walk in ranch into a music room. We've got a pretty cool setup with drums, base, keyboard, and all kinds of guitars and amps, but I'm trying to make it the coolest jam-room ever. Our house is all brick but the interior walls on the lower level are block. I've put knotty pine wainscoating on the lower 3' but now plan on putting red brick veneer from the wainscoating up to the ceiling. In the music room I want to cover the red brick with cool music pictures, mostly album covers, country and rock, mostly older. I've got a few I'm going to use for sure but looking for ideas for cool artwork. Please share your ideas. Thanks!

Named'em Tamed'em":t5ioj7vx said:
Good for you, we had the top of the barn for the kids to jam. Let's you figure out what kind of friends they have.
I can't tell you how happy I am that my daughter is into music. I have always wanted to play guitar but my sausage fingers are almost as wide as they are long, my daughter on the other hand has very long skinny fingers and I am not one to brag but I must say she is amazing.

I'd say if you can find one is a Rolling Stones Sticky fingers one with the zipper. I've got one my daddy bought when it came out.
The Lynyrd Skynyrd album withe the band in flames, it was pulled and replaced with a diffrent cover when the plane went down.
Any Waylon but Honky Tonk Heros is a great cover.
Led Zepplin
Pink Floyd
John Lee Hooker
Robert Johnson
Credence Clearwater Revival
Otis Redding
James Brown
Johnny Cash
Jimmy Hendrix
Buddy Holly
Hank Jr.
Many, many more. Anyone who changed music for the better no matter what kind you like.
There's tons more.

I think I figured out how to do this but here's another one I like.
hqdefault.jpg

Thanks Jed there's some good ones in there, but honestly there is not a doubbt in my mind that this is the coolest album cover there ever was. I still remember going through dads albums and seeing this.
tumblr_lfah3funP31qbn2z0o1_r1_500.jpg

Electric warrior.

Cool idea. I guess some would be for the artwork itself, some to pay homage to the performers.
Eric Clapton, Slow Hand
One of the older Roy Orbison albums with his photo on the cover.
Kenny Wayne Shepherd Ledbetter Heights
Linda Ronstadt's first album
Most of the Styx covers were very artistic.
The Legend of Johnny Cash cover

Lots of great options, something for everyone's taste.

not sure if she would like it but the cover of The Beatles Sgt Pepper Album is a good one.
My Son has turned his old bedroom in our house into a music recording studio, there are beat box drums, and machines with lots of switches/knobs and graphic equalisers and recording systems all around the room, it is fascinating when I watch him use his two computer screens and the music waves go from one to the other, he writes music and has had a few recorded and they are used in the night clubs up in London. He is also on the local radio station on a Thursday night. It does make you proud when they get on in something that they like. this is the sort of thing with all the switches, and knobs

One of my favorite is Hank Jr's. Pressure is on. Habits old and new. A lot of his are cool.

Jed, your list looks a lot like my favorite music list.

Herb Alpert, whipped Cream And Other Delights
Rolling Stones, Sticky Fingers, Exile on Main Street
Dire Straits, Brothers in Arms
Spyro Gyra, Morning Dance

LRTX1":v1seyevs said:
One of my favorite is Hank Jr's. Pressure is on. Habits old and new. A lot of his are cool.

Jed, your list looks a lot like my favorite music list.
I didn't list a lot either. I have a pretty good iTunes acct.
As far as Hank Jr. I have them all but the best are The New South, Whiskey Bent and He77 Bound, Old Habits, and The Pressure Is On. Best albums, not covers.

If you want a real, honest to goodness home grown picture, get the Ozark Mountain Daredevils, Men From Earth album cover. Two men who lived a few miles north of here and were exactly as they are shown on the cover. A man and his son who drove their mule team and wagon to town. They were a father and son and related to one of the band. After the album came out, some drugged up people came during an ice cold spell in the winter and thought they had money hidden from the album cover and tied them up with barbed wire and left them to freeze to death. One died shortly, the other lived awhile in a nursing home. They were simply people who lived a simple life and it was horrible what was done to them. But the album cover is classic

Latest posts