Unusually cool

Help Support CattleToday:

herofan

Reaction score
This is not a weather complaint, but just an observation. That observation is that we are unusually cool for June here. It's been really mild lately, and tomorrow's high temp is predicted at 69 and a low of 47 :shock: Very cool.

Yes, a few weeks ago it got to 90 or a little over for a couple of days. Last week or maybe a little earlier the temperature wasn't terrible hot but it was so humid for few days it felt like a tropical jungle. I've noticed it seems to be raining in spots more. Just saw some pretty dark clouds go to the north east of here and it judt came a few minute light shower here. I'm thinking it may turn off dry here before long I just don't know what to make of it.

herofan said:
That observation is that we are unusually cool for June here.

It is just the global warming they've been warning us about. :nod:

Back in the mid 70's, I bought in to their gas shortage boondoggle. It was real. There were long lines at gas stations. We were told our kids would not drive modern automobiles. Now my grandkids are. That was a hype that had me bought in. Hood, line, and sinker. Now glaciers are growing again.

This is going to give us an extra month of lush grass. My fat girls don't need it. The world is changing.

When I saw the title to this thread I thought you were talking about me. Just about the weather, how disappointing.

Last Thursday in never got above 55. I got snowed on Saturday. Sunday and Monday it was below 35 first thing in the morning. At 5:00 this morning it was 60 and I think it ended up being mighty close to 90 today.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Bright Raven said:
This is going to give us an extra month of lush grass. My fat girls don't need it. The world is changing.

The world is indeed changing but weather is just doing what weather has always done. Nothing new under the sun.

True, however, our weatherman says it could be record breaking temps tonight with lows in the 40s.

Bright Raven said:

A few years back we were feeding hay in June because of drought. This year they have had a hard time making hay because of all the rain.

backhoeboogie said:
Bright Raven said:

A few years back we were feeding hay in June because of drought. This year they have had a hard time making hay because of all the rain.

I am still having to use the little tractor to spray the bottom pastures. No way could you run a 50 hp+ tractor without getting stuck. I like to got my 25 FWD stuck this morning. The water table is full here.

Latest posts