Cliven Bundy

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
dun":1ihdomqk said:
W.T":1ihdomqk said:
gimpyrancher":1ihdomqk said:
Dave,

> The problem with all this is it was done wrong and took the attention away from the original issue of the Hammonds.

And yet the Hammonds wanted nothing to do with the protesters.

> You have a fire to burn a little trash in your backyard, it gets away and burns your neighbor's roses, you don't get five years as a terrorist. You have to pay for some roses.

Perhaps you misrepresented the facts of the situation. The Hammond were part of a large scale poaching ring. Not sure who's land they hunted on. However, apparently they started the fire to hide the evidence of the poaching operation. The fire got out of control. It was mostly federal land that was damaged. They had their day in court. Got a sentence far under mandatory guidelines. Their short time inside got noticed. It was looked into and corrected, without the perpetrators getting their hands slapped.

Were the Hammond's ever convicted of poaching???
Pay for a few roses and get a free pass? Okay.
From what I read the oaching stuff wasn;t even allowed during the trial.

So where does the innocent until proven guilty apply with the poaching incident. If it was not admitted in the trial, how can it be part of the sentence. or the crime???

gimpyrancher":71314u71 said:
Bigfoot":71314u71 said:
Wonder why they waited so long to nab Bundy? He's owed em money for years.

Instead of elevating things back at his ranch, they decided to wait for the perfect time to get him without gunfire. In that, they succeeded. Now we let the system deal with him. It probably would have gone easier on him if he hadn't waited until all this attention was placed on he and his family.

Harry Reid wanted things to dye down so he would not be the political goat again. If you remember Harry stated in April 2014 this is not over yet. You forget Harry Reid wants The Bundy's Water rights in Clark county Nevada. If memory serves me correctly The Bundy's water rights go back to the 1860's

W.T":3hkhj7xg said:
So where does the innocent until proven guilty apply with the poaching incident. If it was not admitted in the trial, how can it be part of the sentence. or the crime???
It wasn;t. It was the fire. Apparently the only one that brought up the poaching was a relative that was supposedly mentally challanged. But there has been so much crap posted supposedly by reliable sources that contradict what other reliable sources have claimed that I don;t think the truth about any of it will be known. Unless you actually sat in the court room through all of the BS and trial and sentencing it's hard to know what to believe.

dun":3ja87f3a said:
W.T":3ja87f3a said:
It wasn;t. It was the fire. Apparently the only one that brought up the poaching was a relative that was supposedly mentally challanged. But there has been so much crap posted supposedly by reliable sources that contradict what other reliable sources have claimed that I don;t think the truth about any of it will be known. Unless you actually sat in the court room through all of the BS and trial and sentencing it's hard to know what to believe.

You got it Dun. Its Funny what Hammonds actually say when you talk to one of them face to face!! In the west today you are on the side of the government or you are not pretty black and white. I don't know very many ranchers that will even talk about the Government. Too many have a spouse or a child that works for the government to provide health care. And I know very few ranchers that ever retire, as it is a life style not a job. So when I see a retired rancher defending the government I see red flags. When BLM rangers stop citizens something has gone terribly wrong. We are lucky our county sheriff made it clear that he was the law in our county and they could not stop anyone with out a county deputy with them. Since then you don't see them. In Harney county Oregon The county sheriff could have stepped up and controlled the situation before the Bundy's ever became involved. Many County sheriff's have stood by there oath to uphold the constitution, and have not allowed the government to control there county. Lots of shady things in Harney county Oregon going on. MO

Cliven claims he is destitute and needs a court appointed attorney. The judge asked to see a list of his assets.

hurleyjd":23kjw275 said:
Cliven claims he is destitute and needs a court appointed attorney. The judge asked to see a list of his assets.

He may be property rich, and cash poor. Surely they don't expect him to lose his land? Maybe that is part of the plan?

Bigfoot":29kjb1vi said:
hurleyjd":29kjb1vi said:

He may be property rich, and cash poor. Surely they don't expect him to lose his land? Maybe that is part of the plan?
I wouldn`t give up my land

ez14":ulfwwlgc said:
Bigfoot":ulfwwlgc said:
hurleyjd":ulfwwlgc said:

I wouldn`t give up my land

When I get into a tight and need money I sell a few cows. He will more than likely declare bankruptcy and get to keep his land.

At the Hammonds' trial, POACHING was not a charge! Now, I'm not sure if evidence was presented that they burned carcasses, but poaching was not at issue and the "word" poaching was not allowed in testimony at the trial.

hurleyjd":1dvhxp05 said:
When I get into a tight and need money I sell a few cows. He will more than likely declare bankruptcy and get to keep his land.

I hope he looses everything. I hope they sell off everything he owns and pay off all the debts he and his family have run up. There is absolutely no reason why everyone he owes should be the losers while he would remain a millionaire.

gimpyrancher":23f0yxac said:
hurleyjd":23f0yxac said:

I hope he looses everything. I hope they sell off everything he owns and pay off all the debts he and his family have run up. There is absolutely no reason why everyone he owes should be the losers while he would remain a millionaire.

That's sad man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts