Calving season 2020 for me

Help Support CattleToday:

MurraysMutts said:
His lil face does look a bit swollen eh!
Glad all is well. All in all a happy day?

Yup, he's doing fine today, swelling is not noticable anymore.. Momma still hasn't dropped the placenta, so will keep an eye on her

Good job Nesi sure nice having quiet cows, I had a cow calf in storm other night think about month early had to take away from her and bring in was quite rodeo of course I didn't see my dog follow me into pen then all hell broke loose had to get truck and drive up and throw calf in back seat quick and get out of there , calf still alive and out with moma now but still needs a bottle twice a day she lets me do that but I keep eye on her

Now I've got a really wheezy 1 month old calf, looking to get some meds for her today.. she seems in good spirits and has no nasal discharge, seems like it's something in her larynx..., and another 1 week old has a lump on the side of her jaw
https://photos.app.goo.gl/rriPBsDqAGVeZTtM8

Ended up putting the wheezy calf down and adpoting the male twin to the cow.. a week later I think I'm winning the battle
Calf with the lump on the jaw might have gotten a kick from another calf while playing... she's fine again

Had 1 of my straggler cows calf a couple days ago, nice bull calf... one left to go

Finally all done.. 14 heifers, 8 bulls.. this momma is really happy to finally have a calf.. she better catch up though.

Latest posts