Argentine/America Fresh Beef Trade Deal

Help Support CattleToday:

The trouble is that Argentine is in the middle of a depression. They can barely afford their own beef. I seriously doubt they will be buying much of ours.

Another boneheaded decision on my part to wait till next week to ship calves. Atleast the buyers will have to be looking after the calves while we're off skiing for Christmas.
Someone needs to tell the POTUS that we produce plenty of beef in the
US of A to feed our people.

kenny thomas":xy4zz1k7 said:
Looks like their beef will start rolling north soon. I can't produce for.50 can you?

Anything under a buck for calves is tight and that is putting very little back into the cattle/farm. There are fixed expenses that have to be met. It beats working for GM. Recon the price will come down in stores and restaurants?

True Grit Farms":2bjihim3 said:
Another boneheaded decision on my part to wait till next week to ship calves. Atleast the buyers will have to be looking after the calves while we're off skiing for Christmas.

Now wait a minute, I thought he was the second coming of Christ?

I thought we were already buying their beef? It must just allow us to sell to them?

Argentina crushes the US on cost to raise beef. The big guys like the KR and many other all have huge ranches down there. The labor and land are cheap. Its the perfect climate... and you can hop on a plane and be there in no time from the US.

Bestoutwest":3kex5m7j said:
True Grit Farms":3kex5m7j said:

3rd.
2nd was the one before this one.

Keep up will ya?

Bestoutwest":2bfyctcm said:
True Grit Farms":2bfyctcm said:

Naw he's human and can't be perfect all the time. I'm all for the tariffs, getting trade back in our favor and not selling out our country because we're perceived as well off. The stuff our POTUS has done has been expensive to those of us that don't believe in trading paper. But I appreciate what he's trying to do for our country and he's definitely trying to MAGA.

film-poster-1993.jpg

Brute 23":349daugv said:
I thought we were already buying their beef? It must just allow us to sell to them?

Argentina crushes the US on cost to raise beef. The big guys like the KR and many other all have huge ranches down there. The labor and land are cheap. Its the perfect climate... and you can hop on a plane and be there in no time from the US.

Been buying frozen beef for a while this will be fresh beef. JBL SA a Brazilian company pretty well controls the beef processing here in the USA. They may be the company behind all of the Argentine dealing. JBL bought Pilgrims pride several years ago after Bo's son run it into bankruptcy.

Importing our food and exporting our money makes a lot sense to some. Others countries have been pilfering the new world since 1492, why stop now.

Latest posts