Any college football fans out there?

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":3cqle86x said:
Alan":3cqle86x said:
3 number 1's down in a row ..... I think I like being ranked by the BCS number 2, although I hate the bcs system..... On to LA and USC.

Alan

Alan I actually got to watch the game. I had to call time out about 6 times during the first half to catch my breath OU was running plays so fast. :clap:

They are fun to watch. I've been a Duck fan for 30+ years, this is a special team.

Alan

Their games go by in a hurry...no time between plays for an instant replay unless someone on the other team falls down with a fake injury just to stop the clock and let everybody suck some oxygen. Now... we just gotta call Nike and get these fine young men some uniforms that don't looks like they were stolen from the Mardi Gras storage warehouse. :lol2: :lol2:

Alan":2wyptgir said:
Hey we have 847 uniform combo's to choose from :lol: :lol:

Alan

I think I've probably seen 500 of them the last few years and they're all still butt ugly although I did like that black helmet they wore last week. I just wonder what those guys thought when they first saw those duck feathers on their shoulders.

Maybe the War Eagles, aka Tigers will play the Ducks for the BCS championship. The Ducks will wear them out Nowland.

Chip Kelly's offense is amazing, the Ducks are running a play every 18 seconds on average, their time of possession average 12 minutes less than their opponents. They rotate in 9 offensive lineman 3 running backs and 11 recievers. By the second half the other team is gassed and done. In some cases the fake injuries start to appear, Arizona St. Has a linebacker who had to be helped off the field 7 times in our game..... He was healed every time by the next play and back on the field.

Alan":4jhrjapu said:
Chip Kelly's offense is amazing, the Ducks are running a play every 18 seconds on average, their time of possession average 12 minutes less than their opponents. They rotate in 9 offensive lineman 3 running backs and 11 recievers. By the second half the other team is gassed and done. In some cases the fake injuries start to appear, Arizona St. Has a linebacker who had to be helped off the field 7 times in our game..... He was healed every time by the next play and back on the field.
Uh oh....now the opposition has hired one of those Televangelist that can just blow on you, knock you on your a$$ and when you get up you're healed. Halleluha and pass the plate around again. :lol2: :lol2:

Alan":1ed2ov0q said:
What about those Ducks Alan?? Enjoyed watching them almost "toy" with USC.

TexasBred":2k0fxjkg said:
Alan":2k0fxjkg said:
What about those Ducks Alan?? Enjoyed watching them almost "toy" with USC.

:secret: :secret: :secret:

Not going to jinx anything.... What a year.... Finally #1 in the worthless BCS.

Oh, also the really ugly uniforms..... All white.

GO DUCKS! They are fun to watch
Alan

Not going to jinx anything.... What a year.... Finally #1 in the worthless BCS.

Oh, also the really ugly uniforms..... All white.

GO DUCKS! They are fun to watch
Alan

Yep...even the uniforms looked very sharp. I would become a duck fan but I don't do push ups very well anymore. :lol2:

TB,

I saw a interesting stat this morning, Oregon is averaging 55 points per game, out of 120 D1 schools they are ranked 115th in time of possession. Against USC they only had the ball for a little over 8 minutes the first half...... Man I hope they don't have a let down. The Huskies are coming to Eugene, the mascot better eat his wheaties, Washington is having a real let down year.

Alan

Alan":3hsv6fsl said:
TB,

I saw a interesting stat this morning, Oregon is averaging 55 points per game, out of 120 D1 schools they are ranked 115th in time of possession. Against USC they only had the ball for a little over 8 minutes the first half...... Man I hope they don't have a let down. The Huskies are coming to Eugene, the mascot better eat his wheaties, Washington is having a real let down year.

Alan
Alan I saw those stats at halftime as well....Early third quarter USC defense was dead on it's feet and OU guys were running around almost laughing. That has got to be some fun to play on that type team.

tncattle":2jjrvky4 said:
I'm a Tennessee fan but it's a rough year to say the least.

We all have rough years, it's part of what makes good years better.

Van, triple OT and a must make, must do two point try...... How close, that even hurt me.

TB, how about those Aggies, they couldn't have slaughtered a better team.... Goodbye #8

Goodbye Bama, the only thing I didn't like about that win is we play LSU next year. I haven't decided if I want Bama to beat Auburn or not. I'm going to assume we win out and don't get screwed by the BCS. So if Auburn loses I would hate to play a TCU or B state in the "big" game, just because they don't play a tough schedule, they have one or two good teams and the rest is high school scrimmages.

But TCU looked very good against a over rated Utah.... Goodbye #5.

"hookem hor...... Oh wait they don't have a team this year.... Sorry I just hate the horns :D almost as much as I do the smurf turf.

Just a little fun and razz the morning.

Alan

Alan":fx2da0yg said:
Van, triple OT and a must make, must do two point try...... How close, that even hurt me.

Man, I expected a relatively high scoring game but 132 pts and almost 1300 yds was a little more than I bargained for. My neck still hurts from watching them go up and down the field at will. We definitely let a winnable game get away. Defense has played well this year but sure didn't have an answer yesterday. Oh, well, we're 5-4 with 3 winnable games left, so we should end up in some kind of bowl. That's what I was hoping for.

Alan":fx2da0yg said:
Goodbye Bama, the only thing I didn't like about that win is we play LSU next year. I haven't decided if I want Bama to beat Auburn or not. I'm going to assume we win out and don't get screwed by the BCS. So if Auburn loses I would hate to play a TCU or B state in the "big" game, just because they don't play a tough schedule, they have one or two good teams and the rest is high school scrimmages.

If I were in your shoes, Alan, I'd be rooting for Auburn. I think your Ducks will end up in the championship game and can/will beat anyone in the country. I'd want to play the second best team and, so far, that looks like Auburn.

Being from the left coast I don't get to see much of Auburn, I think I have seen them 3 times this year and not whole games ( I channel surf between most games). Newton is a great athlete and I hope he is cleared of all allegations, but does Auburn have any other great talent on their team? A few years back we were making a good run at the title, we lost or QB, Dennis Dixon, and the team took a nose dive. Seems like we lost 4 of the remaining 5 games that season. How about Auburn is someone their to pick up the pieces if he goes out or are they more than a one man team?

BTW we lost our backup QB last week, tore his ACL for the fourth time in his college career. While I've boasted how deep we are there is a huge ???? to who's going to step in as a back up. We have a true freshman who's suppose to be pretty good, he's number 3 on the depth chart, but I would hate to burn his red shirt this late in the season. We have a very good athlete, a slash back .... he's a running back/wide receiver/ QB/ DB, so with luck he looks good taking some snaps this week. One bad injury could turn a power house into a house of cards. :shock: :shock: But I think it will be okay, we'll burn the red shirt if we need to.

Thanks on any input on Auburn.

Alan

Well they finally decided to stop the bleeding at CU. After the Kansas debacle they are looking for a new coach. Sad part of that deal is the starting quarterback is the son of the one they just fired.

3waycross":391k1axm said:
Well they finally decided to stop the bleeding at CU. After the Kansas debacle they are looking for a new coach. Sad part of that deal is the starting quarterback is the son of the one they just fired.

Is there any early names popping up? I'm assuming that they won't do any real replacement of whoever is finishing the season until after the season is over. I say this knowing for college coaches the season is year around, for Colorado and the rest they amp up recruiting the day after the season ends. I have two names, but they are probably just internet rumors at this point...... Oh wait 3 names..... Les Miles, like that would happen, unless the Cam Newton rumors are true. BTW ESPN is reporting that there is suppose to be a taped phone call of Newtons dad asking for money to get his kid to play.

We'll see, still glad to get Colorado in the Pac 12 and on our schedule next year.

Alan

3waycross":3q3lc1ae said:
3wway....I'm sure Wade Phillips is available to finish out this year anyway. And his old team has about the same record as CU.

Latest posts