Another shot dead by Mpls police

Help Support CattleToday:

Bestoutwest":2zfv472j said:
I'll never forget Obama saying that Treyvon Martin could have been his son. So where's Biden or Hillary to come out and say that this could have been their daughter/sister? Where's the Black Lives Matter folks protesting the police brutality?

Many of all races came out to the recent rally to support her bereaved fiance. There's a picture of Castile's mother, Valerie Castile, embracing Justine's fiance. http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/21/us/castil ... index.html. ""They're beginning to understand this is not a black or white thing. This is a human being thing," Castile said at Thursday's rally protesting Justine Ruszczyk's death. "This is a humanity type thing."

From the description reported it would seem the driver's window was down which would support the report that she at least spoke to or was talking to the officer through the window when shot and that they drove past where she lived, so she came out and went over to direct them to the location where she had heard the noise.
There is no report that she was given any command such as Stop, hands up, or anything else before shooting her.

Blame the victim, instead of the trigger happy meathead.
She had no training in how to approach me, it was dark, she had a gun shaped cell phone in her hand, women are scary
Makes you wonder how often an officer was ready in their mind to unnecessarily shoot, but accidentally didn't.

Mpls officers wearing a body camera while on duty have averaged using it less than 85 minutes per week.
Seems like willful neglect in turning them on to me, or camera may require putting down coffee and doughnuts.

If Australia wants justice perhaps they should file for extradition of Mohamad Noor to face murder charges of an Australian citizen.

Butch, I'm a very law and order person and have friends who are cops. But the events the past few years have been eye opening. I'm ashamed now to think of all the times I probably pooh-poohed one of these shootings before there was video of it and more media attention.

Ryder":287e9m94 said:
I wonder how the driver of the police car felt about the matter? :shock:

I'd say the driver is now deaf and will be getting a disability check the rest of his life.

My thoughts only on what happened. Officer Knoor seen someone approaching the car after a load noise and pulled his gun out of his holster and it accidentally fired killing the lady. Trying to draw your gun will sitting is no easy task, and most all police side arms have no safety, just a safe action trigger. But it's way to late for the police to put something like this out. It's a real shame that the lawyers, and PBA have everything so screwed up that you can't say anything.

ChrisB":ca985uhb said:
Very little information coming out yet, but what things are starting to make a little sense.

Apparently she came up to the car.... no excuse for the officer to shoot the woman.....
But all of a sudden they are startled by someone standing beside the car,
it is understandable how a young nervous cop would shoot.
Understandable only if they are honor graduates of the Barney Fife school of law enforcement.

Noor's attorney working with police on perhaps a coverup story to avoid further police embarrassment?
3 days later and they are now talking about maybe Noor reacted to aerial fireworks a couple of blocks away??

audio after shooting has them reporting SHOTS fired, one down... and later, no suspects at large, but never mentioning
they were the only shooter.

It appears at no time before or after the shooting either officer thought the event important enough to turn on their
body camera. Either that or they did not want any video evidence that might contradict their future statements.

It is on camera that in the Mpls police shooting of the 2 dogs, as one officer was explaining what happened, the other officer told him to turn off his body camera. So who knows what was said after that. Remarkable that the written report clearly stated that both dogs charged the officer before he fired, when the video clearly showed that they did not.

Unknown to many, but defense attorneys will 'test market' defenses prior to making public their client's defense.
I know this because years ago I was a paid participant, by a well known group of high priced Minnesota defense attorneys, to listen to their defense presentations and vote as if I were a juror, for them to evaluate which defense story would work best and to learn which types of jurors to select or avoid. It was an eye opener for me as to how much work and expense top defense attorneys put into preparation.

Son of Butch":i3fdytoh said:
Unknown to many, but defense attorneys will 'test market' defenses prior to making public their client's defense.
I know this because years ago I was a paid participant, by a well known group of high priced Minnesota defense attorneys, to listen to their defense presentations and vote as if I were a juror, for them to evaluate which defense story would work best and to learn which types of jurors to select or avoid. It was an eye opener for me as to how much work and expense top defense attorneys put into preparation.

Ever watch the tv show "Bull"? It is basically about what you describe.

The accidental discharge theory has been thrown around by the local media. I'm betting he goes with the "I was scared for my life" defense, saying he thought the cell phone was a gun. All I know is I wouldn't want to be in his shoes.

"I was scared for my life" defense, saying he thought the cell phone was a gun. All I know is I wouldn't want to be in his shoes

I doubt he's worried all that much.
That's about as slam dunk/jury proof as you can get nowadays since most jurors and grand jurors have never had a firearm pointed at them.

Police training
Act quickly, justify actions as either self protection or fear otherwise remain silent.
Police union and fellow officers are here to protect and serve you.

extra credit:
Always remember to exaggerate the danger.

Son of Butch":21c8runm said:
Police training
Act quickly, justify actions as either self protection or fear otherwise remain silent.

extra credit:
I've said it before and I'll say it again.
as was told to me by a family member that is a long time LEO in a nearby county:
"If you have to shoot someone at your house, especially at night, remember to tell the 911 operator "I feared for my life". It works for us Uncle Don and it'll work for you"

greybeard":1otzwfxg said:
Son of Butch":1otzwfxg said:
Police training

extra credit:
as was told to me by a family member that is a long time LEO in a nearby county:
"If you have to shoot someone at your house, especially at night, remember to tell the 911 operator "I feared for my life". It works for us Uncle Don and it'll work for you"

And besides, it's the law when using deadly force.

slick4591":12bynfv8 said:
greybeard":12bynfv8 said:
Son of Butch":12bynfv8 said:
Police training

extra credit:

And besides, it's the law when using deadly force.

Yep.
The rest of the conversation went like this:
Me:
I've been shot at lots of times and I overcame my fear of death decades ago. I'd have to lie to say such a thing and I'm not going to face my Maker some day and have to explain that lie"

Him:
"It don't matter. I just told mom the same thing. Say it anyway Uncle Don, it'll save your ass in front of a grand jury."

That's the day I realized where we were, in both the civilian and LEO communities, and the day I lost respect for him.

There are future riots coming in about a year or so (assuming it goes to trial). If the cop walks away there will be riots over leo's getting away with murder. If the guy is convicted, it will be because he was black/Islamic and further proof of racism. It's a win-win for the press.

greybeard":3s88q0gt said:

I think he said it correctly using the word "have". He also should have also said the rest of the law reads; "Or places you in fear of imminent serious bodily injury". (What I remember from 2003.)

I kind of have to read between the lines, but it sounds like he knows his uncle well enough to know Uncle Don ain't the out right murdering type. He's telling you this because he knows that you will be investigated and your case will go before a grand jury, like it or not. Sharing that with the dispatcher only shows your state of mind at the time. I would have advised you to also say your were a victim (of whatever circumstance) and then to immediately call a lawyer.

I fully expect to be investigated and first and foremost, I'm going to tell the truth. I'm not lying to anyone, much less share that lie with a dispatcher just to save my old ass just because it has shown to work for someone else..

greybeard":1a02kfou said:
I fully expect to be investigated and first and foremost, I'm going to tell the truth. I'm not lying to anyone, much less share that lie with a dispatcher just to save my old be nice just because it has shown to work for someone else..

Who said to lie? I figure you would have to be in fear of your life to pull a trigger on someone to start with. You should never lie as it kills your credibility.

Latest posts