Yall know darn well....

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Yall know I didn't need anymore dogs. My wife and kids came home with these guys on Sunday my kids called me while I was working and said dad we sorta got a pet I said that's cool what is it they said 2 puppies I said ummm I hope your kidding and if not you need to take them back then my daughter said dad they have no home the lady is losing her house and no one wants them so here I am I bought a few more dog pens for them and will fence in the yard eventually. One is pure black lab and one is black lab mixed with Rottweiler or a german shepherd good dogs and they definitely let you know if someone is near the house. I felt bad they had no home and the lady was just gonna take them and dump them somewhere.

Welcome to my world. My wife works for a vet, and in the 5 years she's been there, we've inherited 4 dogs an 2 cats in addition to the ones we already had. :lol2: Most of the dogs are older ones that were strays and brought in by rescues cause they were about to be put down at animal control. I can't blame you. Those pups should turn out to be good ones for you. Double trouble.

I have sold some of my dogs and im down to 18 lol But this is the wife and kids dogs so I guess it doesn't count lol Yea I am glad my wifes a nurse she wont bring home any strays that way lol Thanks I hope they do what I like is they are a good alarm and go crazy whenever someone that is or isn't supposed to be there is outside lol

From the picture, they look like litter mates to me. They should make some good pets for your children. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Nesi i guess you have a point. Don I agree so far I haven't had to do anything for them like water or feed or anything I have only put up the dog pens and will do their shots.

bigbull338":umg5dzf7 said:
sky your in trouble because your kids have you wrapped around their little finger.

I agree but at long as they continue to behave and do as we tell them and do good in school I will let them get whatever they want within reason as long as it doesn't involve anymore pets. Their rabbits are now my pets lol

the one getting its nose rubbed looks very much like my Dee Dee who was a pound puppy we got after my wifes dog, Toby, Died

we think she is part hound and part border collie....as a puppy she looked like an australian shepherd....but she is home guarding the wife now...unless it thunders...then she hides...she hid most of the night last night....then woke me up at 1:00 to go out and pee....

We had pour down rain rain last night starting about time for me to go out and tend the stock....I waiting til the lightening passed by....was crackling and popping pretty good...

1.4 inches of rain in about 20 - 25 minutes then another .4 inches over night in my gauge this morning. Others around me had more. one neighbor said he had mini tornados and it was raining in circles at his farm....

pdfangus":33kxlgn8 said:
the one getting its nose rubbed looks very much like my Dee Dee who was a pound puppy we got after my wifes dog, Toby, Died

we think she is part hound and part border collie....as a puppy she looked like an australian shepherd....but she is home guarding the wife now...unless it thunders...then she hides...she hid most of the night last night....then woke me up at 1:00 to go out and pee....

We had pour down rain rain last night starting about time for me to go out and tend the stock....I waiting til the lightening passed by....was crackling and popping pretty good...

1.4 inches of rain in about 20 - 25 minutes then another .4 inches over night in my gauge this morning. Others around me had more. one neighbor said he had mini tornados and it was raining in circles at his farm....

pdf we got a few big rain drops and that was it and misty rain is all no real rainfall. We had some seriously bad thunder like around 10-11pm last night and a ton of lightning not that much rain. I think we are due for a dry one this year.

Well they had it up in the northern Valley both yesterday and the day before....and from Fredericksburg North both days as well....

pdfangus":1p530etj said:
Well they had it up in the northern Valley both yesterday and the day before....and from Fredericksburg North both days as well....

This year is going to be a fun one.

wacocowboy":3odxe847 said:
I can't imagine what your food bill is like

Right at $600.00 per month is what it was. now that I have thinned out some dogs and plan to continue I am not sure what it will be after thinning them out. I hope it gets down to 200-250 a month.

Sky, you're a good man. I've had the same situation with my daughter many times. I was real close one time to bringing an injured chipmunk to the vet! She had the thing in her hands with tears in her eyes (our cat at the time had gotten a hold of it and broke its neck) and absolutely pleaded with me "Can't we take it to the vet ?!" That was a tough one to explain.
On another note, I am a big fan of Rottweiler cross dogs. I've had 3 in my lifetime (Rott/Lab, Rott/Bull Mastif and still have Rott/St. Bernard) All 3 where rescue dogs and great dogs. Good luck with your new friends, if I lived closer I might even have taken one.

ohiosteve":340ctulx said:
Sky, you're a good man. I've had the same situation with my daughter many times. I was real close one time to bringing an injured chipmunk to the vet! She had the thing in her hands with tears in her eyes (our cat at the time had gotten a hold of it and broke its neck) and absolutely pleaded with me "Can't we take it to the vet ?!" That was a tough one to explain.
On another note, I am a big fan of Rottweiler cross dogs. I've had 3 in my lifetime (Rott/Lab, Rott/Bull Mastif and still have Rott/St. Bernard) All 3 where rescue dogs and great dogs. Good luck with your new friends, if I lived closer I might even have taken one.

Thanks yea my kids last rabbit died last saturday so I had to perform funeral detail for it. They were not happy and wanted to bury it next to my favorite hunting dog so I said ok and even put a lil solar light out at its grave i started digging the grave and with lil rain we have had it was like shoveling hard concrete took 20 minutes to get the hole big enough but kids were watching so I shoveled away. I remember when I made my grandparents help me shovel the grave for my first pet which was a guinea pig. The things we do for our beloved pets.

Latest posts