Willie

Help Support CattleToday:

I'd thought about using Waylon, too - but was warned off him by a trusted friend/veterinarian/long-time Angus breeder, because of poor foot/leg structure in his offspring... a common problem for sons/daughters of Protege.
At least they're claiming good foot structure for Willie's offspring.
Sure looks like he'll put some marbling into the mix.

Thanks for the comments Lucky. Hopefully they are being honest when advertising good feet in Willie. I watched a video of him and he looked very sound.

I really the growth numbers he has all while having a decent EN. It's getting hard to find those types in the Angus breed these days.

KW

Lucky,

I placed my order today and ordered some Willie semen along with Connsesus 7229 and Chism. Any thoughts on the other two Bulls?

KW

KW,
Both look good. I'd not looked at either of those two in a while... had forgotten how good they both were. Certainly not heifer bulls, but both bring a lot of good stuff to the table - and both have POSITIVE $EN value. Don't think you can go wrong with either of them.

If you're into diversity, consider the two boys below at some point; on black cows, I think you'll be really pleased with the results- they'll blow the doors off anything those Angus bulls are gonna put on the ground; you can get them through your ABS rep.
http://origenbeef.org/semen_detail.php?bull=524
http://origenbeef.org/semen_detail.php?bull=165

They haven't hit the ground yet. I was speaking to the report of what LuckyP heard regarding Waylon. I liked several of his calves I saw at a sale, but you never know how many were culled to end up with the set you see.

Feet are too important, and there are plenty of bulls to use, I'd of went with another option.

Both of Waylon's grandsires have reputations (at least with some producers) for siring calves with bad feet.

Rito 1I2 does a lot of things right, but I have heard from several producers that have used him that some of his calves will develop a curved outside toe on the back feet. We have experienced this same issue with a couple young females in our herd that have 6807 in the pedigree. 1I2 is a grandson of 6807.

Waylon's other grandsire is Woodhill Foresight. Some producers love their Foresight progeny, but I know of one Angus breeder who hates the bull, because he has had feet problems with several of Foresight's calves.

Latest posts