What is it?

Help Support CattleToday:

lavacarancher

Reaction score
I happen to be in deep east Texas a couple of weeks ago visiting some kin folks. While we were there my cousin got a phone call from the foreman on one of the BIG ranches there to come fix their compressor. We went and fixed their compressor and they were mixing feed for their animals. One of the ingredients was yellow/orange and Big John (the foreman) called it K?. He said they don't use cotton seed meal anymore. Anyone know what this stuff is called and is it that much better than cotton seed meal.

lavacarancher":12krctz0 said:
I happen to be in deep east Texas a couple of weeks ago visiting some kin folks. While we were there my cousin got a phone call from the foreman on one of the BIG ranches there to come fix their compressor. We went and fixed their compressor and they were mixing feed for their animals. One of the ingredients was yellow/orange and Big John (the foreman) called it K?. He said they don't use cotton seed meal anymore. Anyone know what this stuff is called and is it that much better than cotton seed meal.
Probably DDG as it varies in color. Soybean meal us usually a light yellow.....it's a good product but no better than cottonseed meal as a protein source. Probably just a better buy.