What do you think of her ?

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
I am not a horse expert so I would like your honest opinions, a friend of mine is buying her for her daughter as a dressage/jumper horse and the buyer wants some pretty big coinage.

13733_326641285566_875770566_973885.jpg

untitled.jpg

Looks nice. Her feet has good angles and conformation tells me that she will be strong, with her "dry" legs, a little short back, good rear end and "intellegent" head. What breed? And why expensive?

Age? How much training? Breed doesn't matter so much. If she's had no/very little training,why the big price?

I think she is fully trained and ready to compete, she also is supposed to be out of fancy pedigree. Like I said, I know nothing about horses. I just was wondering as they have only been doing this for a year and it seemed like a big price to pay for a novice . I am glad you like her as my friend bought her this morning, now she has to travel 15 hours to go get her.

Yes there is a friend, it is not me.. :lol2:

This is just me but I think she has a terrible rear end. She has WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much slope to her hip. If she was a cow we would sau too much angle from her hooks to her pins. Other than that just an average lookin horse. I am guessing she is paying for the training not the horse.

From a quick look at the pictures she looks like she has extreme angle in her hip, and not enough in her knees. I like the way she is put together in her pasterns (is this the right term for a horse?) and her foot. I ain't an expert.

I would ask at COTH forums.

http://chronofhorse.com/forum/

Those are not the best conformation pictures. Her conformation faults appear to be minor and non-threatening (meaning soundness issues in the future).

However, what does count is how well she moves, how well she knows her job and her disposition.

I know of roping and barrel horses whose looks would stop a clock. But they know their job and their value is 5 figures. Their value is in how well they do their job.

Bloodlines only mean something to the buyer, and of course the sellers pocketbook. If she does the job well, then worth it; if not, then it's not. I recommend test drives, blind visits (meaning don't tell owner you're popping by or at least give them minimal heads up. This will show you if she is able to be caught, her attitude, etc.). Also for big money a health inspection would be wise. Not that it is bad to not trust people but really, in this horse economy there are plenty of good horses out there for reasonable costs. And drugging happens, as well as working the poo out of them prior to buyer's arrival, and other dandy little tricks. Look around a lot. Think of it as buying a car. Most likely you wouldn't buy the first one you see on the lot and certainly not before taking it for a spin around the block.
Nice color but conformation wise, definately not the greatest though that means little if her temperment is good, and she is easy to handle. Would not ever consider breeding this one because of conformation, and horse overpopulation.

Latest posts