Weed Eaters

Help Support CattleToday:

kerley

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried one of the new battery powered weed eaters. If so what brand do you have and how do you like it. Any information will be appreciated. Thank you, Tom :cboy:

Had one a few years ago, but not lately. The wife does have a battery powered blower and it's much like the weedeater of a few years ago. Starts out great and then quickly peters out...

Same thing here..I think it was a Black & Decker or something like that. Actually did a good job but just wouldn't last long enough to do the entire yard. Went and got me a Stihl and love it. Well my wife loves it. I don't do weeding. :)

kerley":1y7hirl3 said:
Has anyone ever tried one of the new battery powered weed eaters. If so what brand do you have and how do you like it. Any information will be appreciated. Thank you, Tom :cboy:

I have a Black and Decker weed eater that charges on the wall. It is okay for medium sized jobs. I have had it five years now and it is starting to poop out but it still works. Heavy, though.

Don't get one of the new Troy Bilt gas models. Bought a brand new one a few weeks ago - already hate it. Way too difficult to start and not very balanced.

Some things are just not made to run on batteries. I do stand corrected on one tool I thought would never work out, but to my surprise does well, the rechargable circular saw. But weed eater......no :(

Yep, the B&D finally bit the big one last week as we went back and got another gas powered weedeater. I think it 's a Ryobi. I don't do the yard anymore, (that's a BIG reason I remarried), so that's his decision.

Latest posts