Townies

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
A quick one as my visitors have started arriving for the weekend.

Can anyone tell me why 'townies' have to park right at the front door of the house. I have 4 garages, surely that's where the cars should be parked? They just have no concept of space :lol: silly buggers! Perhaps they are just eager to see me :p

I wouldn't care if they parked at the door. What I don't like is when they park behind me or someone else and block their car when there's hectares of parking spots for the choosing.

Tell me about it. :roll:
My front yard is all garden and most of it starts as seed. There's enough room in between the house and the barn(which offers multitudes of parking by itself) for a one ton to whip an eighteen foot trailer around at a good clip and yet ever stinking bed in my front yard has tire tracks in it. If I thought my wife was a good enough driver to stay on the gravel I'd plant some nails...but I have a hunch I'd regret it.

How can you expect them to walk "that far". They're probably the ones that take up the handicapped spots at the stores.

The one that always makes me giggle is when I drive by the gym near our warehouse and see everyone trolling for parking space closer to the entrance while the whole back half of the parking lot is empty. IT'S A FREAKIN GYM PEOPLE! IF YOU ARE A MEMBER THEN IT WILL NOT HARM YOU TO WALK ACROSS THE PARKING LOT!

ALACOWMAN":1v0vo7hx said:
is that like citifolk :cowboy:
Yeah, that would be them :D

Ga + CP - I feel for you, we need to come up with a plan :help:

After we sorted the parking arrangements out we made a huge fire and had a braai(barbecue), a perfect evening with lots of laughter and tall tales. It's nearly 7am and everyone is still asleep, don't quite know how with all the animals and birds making a racket :shock: Last night the consensus was that it was so peaceful and quiet on the farm, lets see if they still agree in a while :lol:

My elder brother arrives today and I know exactly where he's going to park...cause he know it pizzez me off, still a bit of power play between siblings ;-)

Do like me. Be so grouchy, that no one ever comes to visit. Problem solved.
If I wanted a bunch of people around, I'd live in town or in a subdivision somewhere.

Something I don't understand is the transplanted city slickers move out here to get out of the city, but yet take 20 trips a day back to town.
They usually end up passing me on the tractor while i'm trying to turn in a no passing zone!

ga.prime":1h2njdqp said:
I wouldn't care if they parked at the door. What I don't like is when they park behind me or someone else and block their car when there's hectares of parking spots for the choosing.
It's habit as when your in Town you look for another car to park against as it seem like a bit of protection for your car from thieves. and as for parking by the door, cars have made a lot of people lazy for walking and would park in the hall if they could.

Latest posts