Today's Angus Report posted above...

Help Support CattleToday:

Supply has already dipped in Texas, if you don't believe that just try and buy a cow.
Better have a thick checkbook for a Tiger or Brangus.
Slaughter cow's are bringing 1100 to 1200 dollar's and bull's 1800 to 2000.
I don't have a crystal ball, I don't see price's coming down here for a long time.

I don't see this trend changing here anytime soon a lot have got out and are not going back in.
I know several that ran a 100 head or better that are down to 15 or 20 and are staying there.
Just enough to have something to piddle with and satisfy the Ag excemption.
The average age of a cattleman in Texas was 60+ last TAMU report.

All the sale barns around here have way less cows for sale now than 1 year ago. With less cows you would think hay would be cheaper, and easier to find but it ain't. Hopefully the price will hold up, right now is a good time to have cows.
And the price of kill cows is unreal, I been culling any questionable cows.

I think the market will only get higher. I know corn and soybeans have come down some and it should help somewhat on feed prices. I saw a group of projected weight #580 steers scheduled for November delivery on Superior the other day bring $1.98 lb. Thats over $1148 dollars on a 580 weight steer. Looks like it will be very strong this fall.

Circle H Ranch

The consumer can't handle the price going up much more I don't believe. Look what happens when the price of fuel goes up, people don't use as much. Gas has the market cornered, beef not so much. Lots of different food to buy to fill the tank.

Cattleman200":3ojvn3bq said:
I think the market will only get higher. I know corn and soybeans have come down some and it should help somewhat on feed prices. I saw a group of projected weight #580 steers scheduled for November delivery on Superior the other day bring $1.98 lb. Thats over $1148 dollars on a 580 weight steer. Looks like it will be very strong this fall.

Circle H Ranch
I hope ,,, with the price difference of only 20 to 25 dollars on a hundred pounds its gonna be tempting to sell early this year

highgrit":2j3l3y8t said:
The consumer can't handle the price going up much more I don't believe. Look what happens when the price of fuel goes up, people don't use as much. Gas has the market cornered, beef not so much. Lots of different food to buy to fill the tank.

Your Right as far as the American consumer goes. Export's could keep it up.
The American is going to buy gasoline to ride, pay for his hobbies along with beer,wine and smoke's.
They will cut back on everything else to do the above.
There is only so many spendable dollar's and the American consumer will forget about yesterday's CAB steak.
They will move to chicken,pork and hamburger. You can bet your ass they will give up that steak but not the green fee.

Latest posts