sweet tea anyone?

Help Support CattleToday:

Never heard of cheerwine. I bought birch beer in the grocery store the other day ~ had it as a novelty thing. I'd never even heard of it befor. YUCK. Whats cheerwine? I asked the inmates and they don't know. If they don't know then i think it must be a southern thing!

Beefy":3i6smljn said:
Just wondering, how many pitchers of sweet tea do y'all drink a day?

0. I don't care for sweet tea, and I try like hell to avoid caffeine - except for my morning cup(s) of coffee, of course - when it's hot.

CUZ":2ey21ql1 said:
angie":2ey21ql1 said:
Must be a southern thing(?). We drink lots of kool aid in my house. I don't even know anyone who drinks sweet tea. One of my friends did (tea in a bottle) and we teased her so she went back to Mt.Dew.

Angie - You have now turned your friend into a "out behind the barn" tea drinker, and once she starts understanding the joys of being southern she'll soon want to move down here and join us. Can you post a few pictures so we can be on the lookout for her?

I don't remember who in the Crowder administration is in charge of visitation visas so she may need to apply in person.

Cuz

Its funny you say that. She LOVES all things southern, even that accent!! She recently dated a southern man who came to visit her here, and we said "huh?" so many times I felt like an idiot. She played interpreter. I believe we will loose her to your side one of these days. She's adorable and she speaks the language!

Drink about 1 pitcher a day except weekends then its two. In my opinion the best tea can be found at Sonny's Barbque. Orange Peeko(?) I believe. Its perfection in a tall glass!

CUZ":1jvolac9 said:
iowahawkeyes":1jvolac9 said:
I don't like tea, it makes my mouth feel weird :roll:

:idea: After you make the tea throw the tea bags away, don't use them as a substitute for chewing tobacco. :lol:

:lol:

I try to make sun teal. When I use the coffee maker, it tastes like coffee. Yes, tea makes your mouth taste wierd. It makes the tongue a bit leathery. I have seen mothers put tea in a baby bottle. We grew up drinking it at the table instead of milk. I think that's a Southern thing, too.

CUZ":zzy1rhp9 said:
iowahawkeyes":zzy1rhp9 said:

:idea: After you make the tea throw the tea bags away, don't use them as a substitute for chewing tobacco. :lol:

Ohhhh, maybe that's the problem. :)

Lammie":3iuqjium said:
I think that's a Southern thing, too.

Oh yea. We were in Portland, Oregon at a restaurant. There were about a dozen of us, all from the south. About half of the people or more ordered tea. They bought out cups of hot water with tea bags in them. You should have seen the expressions on everyone's faces. I couldn't quit laughing, and then everyone ordered glasses of ice and I had tears.

People actually drink hot tea up north. Really. I have seen it.

We go thru a gallon plus everyday. Oh, a good ol cup of hot tea is hard to pass up in the winter. Especially,with honey ,lemon and a shot of whiskey. Keeps you from getting sick,so my granny use to say. :)

angie":1hemrxdu said:
Never heard of cheerwine. I bought birch beer in the grocery store the other day ~ had it as a novelty thing. I'd never even heard of it befor. YUCK. Whats cheerwine? I asked the inmates and they don't know. If they don't know then i think it must be a southern thing!

Apparently the yanks are hoarding it:

http://www.cheerwine.com/

Had a girlfriend from Ausralia that thought we were nuts.

She couldn't understand why we put ice in tea after heating it, and then added suger for a sweetener only to put in a lemon to make it sour.

MikeC":v3f6l802 said:

She couldn't understand why we put ice in tea after heating it, and then added suger for a sweetener only to put in a lemon to make it sour.
Always been told the Aborigne wimmens are hard to train... :shock: :shock:

Crowderfarms":30nb2sd1 said:
MikeC":30nb2sd1 said:

Always been told the Aborigne wimmens are hard to train... :shock: :shock:

Only hard to train for some things...............

Some just come naturally.................. ;-)

We go through at least a gallon a day, more on the weekends. I'll make it in those big Igloo coolers with the spigoit at the bottom and we'll empty it in a day. I either make in on the stove - don't boil it because you can actually burn tea and it will have a burnt taste or in the coffee pot. I don't make coffee at home unless Dads' here so don't have to worry about the coffee taste.

cfpinz":kcile432 said:
angie":kcile432 said:

Apparently the yanks are hoarding it:

http://www.cheerwine.com/

I read the article. Now I want some. NY is far, far awy from home and hoarding is not Minnesota Nice. we are closet hoarders :)

iowahawkeyes":2l3jj404 said:

You been drinking them "Long Island Ice Tea"? I had a few of those one night and they made my mouth, face and eyes all feel weird. :lol:

backhoeboogie":36gp0o6m said:
Lammie":36gp0o6m said:
I think that's a Southern thing, too.

Oh yea. We were in Portland, Oregon at a restaurant. There were about a dozen of us, all from the south. About half of the people or more ordered tea. They bought out cups of hot water with tea bags in them. You should have seen the expressions on everyone's faces. I couldn't quit laughing, and then everyone ordered glasses of ice and I had tears.

My first husband was from Michigan, and I had to explain what I wanted when I first started visiting. By the time we had been married about 10 years, you could actually go into a Denny's in Lansing and they would know what you meant. His grandparents never understood it, even after they moved to Texas.

backhoeboogie":2b8tb140 said:
Hot tea will help you get moving in the mornings. Just a little bit of it.
A sip or two of wine will help loosen up your joints. Also helps get the taste of hot tea out.

Ryder":25oc7d4f said:
backhoeboogie":25oc7d4f said:
Hot tea will help you get moving in the mornings. Just a little bit of it.
A sip or two of wine will help loosen up your joints. Also helps get the taste of hot tea out.

Now that is great. I am going to have to remember that one. :lol:

Latest posts