Solid Tech

Help Support CattleToday:

Hmmmm! I think I would try to get my neighbor to try it first.
That website seems to be a little short on details.

wow one shot from that gun on pasture and the cows would scatter, no need for the rest of the doses in the gun...cows would be gone...so would the fences :shock:

Even if you could shoot them with that thing and not scatter them into 6 counties, how could you possibly keep track of which ones you've hit and which ones you haven't - most of us have herds that all look pretty much the same! I can't usually tell one from another without getting a look at the #. You'd have to set up in "sniper teams" with a shooter and a spotter!
I think I'll stick with running them through the chute - call me old fashioned!

I can really tell you people checked all of the web site out. There is a device similar to an implant gun for when you run them in the shoot. Thanks for the serious thoughts.

Scotty, I do think in the future we may use other routes of administration for vaccines and other medications.We currently use oral vaccines in holstein calves for salmonella.Finally if I wanted to try it I would no matter what anybody said. I remember a time when some guys teased me about a new product I tried to treat sick cattle. They said there was no way it could work. That new product was Micotil.Good luck and keep us posted.
Larry

Latest posts