So I go to preg check

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

My job this morning rescheduled so we loaded the squeeze up and went to preg check a small group. Get done and walk over to the well to clean up ( really green grass right now) only to find very little water in the trough. After a quick look see I see the power line down. Half of it is live and in a tree, the other half is on the ground. 95 degrees, no water,cows, and live lines down. Awesome. And the power company can't pull their heads out of their butts far enough to figure out which pole and what location because there's no house on the place. So I've been sitting here in the truck for 2 hrs smelling like cow shyt waiting on them. Another hour and ill have to start hauling water. More awesomeness.
Glass half full for dun: at least I found it before they died of thirst.

Need to check a place like that every day. Water is a must for a cow. Glad it worked out Hook. Can you have a pond dug there??
Anytime we leave our place for more than a day, we make sure the cows can get to a pond.

It's a leased place so can't dig a pond. I was just there yesterday and all was good. Just Hauled water in there because its going to be 4 hrs before they get the line fixed. This is the only place I have that doesn't have either a pond, lake, or someone living there. I do have friends that drive by it every day so they help eyeball anything obvious.

denvermartinfarms":1nlkyc0n said:
Sounds to me like you chopped the power line down, to starve your cows of water, and then felt bad about it.

sounds not too far out of Hook's realm of insurance fraud.

denvermartinfarms":e5qbdg8q said:
Sounds to me like you chopped the power line down, to starve your cows of water, and then felt bad about it.
:bs:

Don't know if you FPL there or not Hook but they are a cluster....We lose power everyday for a minute to longer. They know exactly where it happens but there are not enough of us out there to rate a permanent fix. I just love resetting clocks and rebooting satellite links every day. They sure didn't mind charging me the $23,000 to bring the power to my property. I am thinking about contacting the Public Service Commission. Maybe they can help.

Latest posts