SKS

Help Support CattleToday:

sidney411

Reaction score
Would $350 be good price for a 40' model german SKS imported in to the U.S. in 90', never fired, in origional crate, w/ 30 round clip and misc. others included like ammo bag?

Thanks!

Sounds like a good deal to me. Get a gunsmith to check it out before firing it. A guarantee would be nice too.
jim

In the early 90's I bought one at Rose's for $89. When the laws changed and media got on them prices rose. I sold mine to a guy 9 years ago for $250 and he seemed real happy to get it for that. Wish my other rifles would appreciate in value like the SKS did.

Get a Shot Gun New's magizine at your local wally world and you'll fine some sks made in Bulgeria as low as $179.
I to did not no the Germans made them.
I have a Russian made that i bought 22yrs ago for $75. I sportarized it and do a lot of hog hunting with it. Being a semiauto i like that quick second or third shot when hog hunting.

Cal

i have an SKS i always thought of it as worthless but now i know... its a hog hunter.

SKS's have been of pretty widely variable quality. The European ones were pretty good to excellent. The Chinese military ones were also pretty good. The Norinco ones were junk.

Ya'll are right - its a Russian made SKS, not German - my mistake. Details that I know - it was manufacutred in the 40's and imported into this country in 90', there were a bunch of brand new crated rifles found in a warehouse of some sort over there. It's still in the crate, never fired he says. I think the barrels lined w/ stainless. Wood stock.

sidney411":2t1o5pj7 said:
Ya'll are right - its a Russian made SKS, not German - my mistake. Details that I know - it was manufacutred in the 40's and imported into this country in 90', there were a bunch of brand new crated rifles found in a warehouse of some sort over there. It's still in the crate, never fired he says. I think the barrels lined w/ stainless. Wood stock.

Barrels were chrome plated/lined to prevent problems from the corrosive ammo.

Latest posts