Predators

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
I appear to being over run by predators. First it was the cougar killing deer way too close to the house. This morning there was a big tom turkey that something had killed and eaten on laying 30 yards from the front door. It was out in the pasture so there were no tracks, but I could see where it had been drug through the grass. When I ran it up on the hill to get rid of it I checked the cougar killed deer. It is pretty well cleaned up. Just mainly the spine left. I dropped the turkey there so something can eat it too.

Bigfoot said:
Snares legal where you are?

Yes, but not for cougars. Actually I had already thought of that. Unfortunately the one thing still in the shop in Central Washington is about half of my trapping supplies which includes all of my snares. Now I would need to find another fresh kill for them to work......
I have a friend who has a friend with dogs. He claims that with landowner permission he can "train" his dogs. Not legal for him to kill the cat but he can put it up a tree. Then he gathers up the dogs and leaves.....

Dave said:
Bigfoot said:
Snares legal where you are?

Yes, but not for cougars. Actually I had already thought of that. Unfortunately the one thing still in the shop in Central Washington is about half of my trapping supplies which includes all of my snares. Now I would need to find another fresh kill for them to work......
I have a friend who has a friend with dogs. He claims that with landowner permission he can "train" his dogs. Not legal for him to kill the cat but he can put it up a tree. Then he gathers up the dogs and leaves.....

Now your cooking. More than one way to get to where your skinning the cat! Also FYI They are good eating but they dry out so I recommend a good marinade.

SmokinM said:
Now your cooking. More than one way to get to where your skinning the cat! Also FYI They are good eating but they dry out so I recommend a good marinade.

Yougottabeshyttinme

TexasBred said:
SmokinM said:

Yougottabeshyttinme

No sir it is as pretty a white meat as you want to see. Just like really lean pork. Sweet and spicy marinade/sauce all joking aside something like a Chinese garlic sauce is great on it. "General Tso's cougar" will make a believer out of you.

Latest posts