Opinion on a new hire

Help Support CattleToday:

I can remember having to wait in a hot car a couple of hours on my mom to vote when I was a kid. My daughter did the early voting thing, I'll wait and do my thing on Tuesday, and the wife and I will even ride our buggy to the Precinct to vote.

Granted, I have never had to wait in line many hours, which would doubtless change my opinion. But I admit I sort of like the feeling of going in to vote with all of my fellow Americans, of whatever political stripe. It has also seemed like one little moment when we come together to do our civic duty, knowing that ~half of us will go to bed happy and the other ~half sad, but that hopefully come Wed. am, we will all pull together.

What I'd be MIGHTILY in favor of is a shortened election season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(etc and so forth). No one's mind has been changed in the last 3-5 months. Ok, maybe 6 people....

I remember election day when i was a kid. Seems everybody in the county would drive to the county seat to watch and wait on election returns. They had a huge blackboard mounted on the steps and a guy would climb a ladder from time to time and erase numbers and put in the updated numbers for each race. There would be hundreds of folks there. Like a big picnic almost. A few of the stores around the square would even stay open late hoping for a few more sales.

We had that in the 80's. Courthouse would open up to the public and as each precinct came in the results were posted. The JP always had cookies and punch out for folks and if you knew where to go you could find the punch additive. Things always got a little crazy but never out of hand.

a little update, I hired #2 and after a few days I tell you he is not at all what people described . I will have to see how it pans out once he is in the field and on the ground running.

when I called #1 to tell them thank you but I went a another direction she took it gracefully but I have been bombarded by her family and friends calling me names and disturbing the peace . Its a dam shame.

M-5":1n4f2n20 said:
a little update, I hired #2 and after a few days I tell you he is not at all what people described . I will have to see how it pans out once he is in the field and on the ground running.

when I called #1 to tell them thank you but I went a another direction she took it gracefully but I have been bombarded by her family and friends calling me names and disturbing the peace . Its a dam shame.
Nailed it..

I heard rumors #1 went into inconsolable tears , and had to be restrained from attacking her campaign oops I mean talent agent.

M-5":1wb14ofw said:

Is it true your new guy decided he would forego the usual salary and just do the job for free?

greybeard":2sd5fzoe said:
M-5":2sd5fzoe said:

Is it true your new guy decided he would forego the usual salary and just do the job for free?

yes , and business is better than its been n 8 yrs, I would have fired the old guy sooner if corp would have let me.

danl":3cccwf97 said:
I heard rumors #1 went into inconsolable tears , and had to be restrained from attacking her campaign oops I mean talent agent.
Those in the know say she fell off the wagon and got pretty deep into the hooch too.

Probably be in an orange jump suit pickin up trash on the interstate highway system soon.

TexasBred":2xyje9c0 said:
danl":2xyje9c0 said:
Those in the know say she fell off the wagon and got pretty deep into the hooch too.

That was her husband... Or was that he got deep in the hoochie coochie???

greatgerts":15p7lt8l said:
TexasBred":15p7lt8l said:
danl":15p7lt8l said:

That was her husband... Or was that he got deep in the hoochie coochie???
I don't think he's real picky....will take whatever is available.

M-5":1mfqicl5 said:
yes , and business is better than its been n 8 yrs, I would have fired the old guy sooner if corp would have let me.
I heard that he would not be working for you for very long...

Latest posts