Oh dear Button...I think we lost her...NOT!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

IluvABbeef

Reaction score
We haven't been able to find her body over 24 hours ago since yesterday, and we've called and called and looked everywhere for her, but nothing, no sign of her anywhere.

The last time we seen her was when she shot off to the bush behind the old house after supposedly getting caught up in the engine compartment after my DB turned off the truck. He had turned it on, pumped the gas pedal to stop it from idling high, when all of a sudden we heard this really loud WHUMP-TING! as the engine was idling down. After he turned it off she ran off as fast as she could to the bush.

Haven't seen hide nor hair of her since. :( We thought maybe she might come back out in the late evening or afternoon, or even at night, but there was just no sign of her. Even this morning Mom went out looking several times for her, but she turned up with nothing.

She ALWAYS comes when called. But I don't think she'll ever come to our calls again. She probably found a little place in the bush somewhere to lay up and die, the way that the noise from the engine was like it was.

It'd be a real miracle if she did come back alive.

God I miss her. :cry:

(P.S., for those of you who don't know, Button is one of two of our barn cats. She's a real sweet thing, shy, but sweet.)

Oh no I am sorry ABbeef . Hopefully she just got spooked and is hiding . I hope she is OK ,she sure is a cute cat .

Well, it's been a few days since she disappeared and there's still no sign of her, and she hasn't turned up at all in the evening or in the morning or anytime. We tried calling and looked EVERYWHERE for her, but there's just nothing. :frowns: I think Spider's pining for her too, more than I am.

Update: SHE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :D :D :D

Heard some mysterious meowing in the bushes where I was getting rid of some rose bushes and stuff, and I thought maybe it was spider or one of the neighbor's cats or something. Next thing I know I see this brown shaggy tabby cat holding her paw up and looking at me pitifully, and I nearly lost it, I was so happy to see her.

Took her to the vet this evening to check her out, turns out she just tore a ligament in her leg, no broken bones nor a crushed paw.

My goodness, it IS a miracle! I thought "I must be dreaming!" But no, she's really back. :D

Good for you. There's nothing better than having a prayer answered like that. :clap: :clap:

And I was praying that she would be kept alive and safe...maybe a little sore but still safe. She's trying to put a little weight on it this morning, but still limping.

I couldn't help but get a surge of joy when I seen her this morning. Makes you appreciate the values of having pets, even if it's just having cats around. :D

Excellent news!

The grand-daughter (2 year old) this morning was squealing with delight saying "babies! babies! babies!"... seeing as how we're in calving season I was looking for calves... she was pointing at the hay...

did I mention we got a new load of hay on Monday? and guess what's inside?

...yep there were 2 kittens, then a 3rd popped it's head out, then a 4th, it appears to be a total of 5 so far... hungry little buggers too so we set up a crate for the grand-daughter to raise them in.

Thanks all. :)

She's doing much better since we found her (or rather, she found me). She was bugging me a lot yesterday, craving attention like I hadn't given her attention for ages, then going off to her favorite sleeping spots and sleeping the rest of the afternoon away.

Latest posts