Negative

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
On Saturday about 10:00 AM I came home from the Post office. Had a chill and couldn't get warm which is unusual for me. 10:45 I take my temp. It is 99.6, a little high. By noon I am shaking like a leaf and the temp is over 100. A little later it topped out at 101.8. Sunday it was lower but still above normal and I had a head ache (which I never have them). With all the crazy stuff going on I decide to swing by the hospital for a test this morning. About a 10 minute wait and a swab up the nose. The old insult, "up your nose with a rubber hose, and twice as far with a Hershey bar," comes to mind. A little after 1:00 this afternoon the hospital called to say I was negative....... Here I thought that I had been very positive, friendly, and upbeat with the nurse. I have never thought of myself as a negative person. I guess I will have to do a lot of soul searching about how I interact with people.

That's a good time to be a negative person! Glad y'all both have tested negative. I wish results around here came back fast like that. The folks I've know that were tested all had to wait several days for results.

That's a good time to be a negative person! Glad y'all both have tested negative. I wish results around here came back fast like that. The folks I've know that were tested all had to wait several days for results.
I don't know why I got the quick test. One of the neighbors who is 83 went to a granddaughters bridal shower. Turned out that another person there tested positive so the neighbor went and got tested. She had to wait 3 days for the results. That was just last week.
The nose swab certainly doesn't hurt. I wouldn't even call it uncomfortable. Just sort of a strange feeling. I certainly had to blow my nose right after.

I had an employee get the rapid test a few weeks ago, came back negative but health dept. told her rapid test is not accurate and that she was quarantined until the test they sent off came back. Turned out it was negative too. My thought is if the rapid test are not accurate enough to go to work then why are we using it, but it's accurate enough to use to count positives. Ridiculous! Had a co-worker who is obese and diabetic get it and said he had colds that were worse, he has been worried about getting it since March because he was high risk and afraid he'd die.

Me my wife and our boys where all sick last week. We thought we had it. My wife is a nurse. We all got tested and all of us where negative. They swap our throats not our noise.

I had an employee get the rapid test a few weeks ago, came back negative but health dept. told her rapid test is not accurate and that she was quarantined until the test they sent off came back. Turned out it was negative too. My thought is if the rapid test are not accurate enough to go to work then why are we using it, but it's accurate enough to use to count positives. Ridiculous! Had a co-worker who is obese and diabetic get it and said he had colds that were worse, he has been worried about getting it since March because he was high risk and afraid he'd die.
The inaccuracy in the rapid test is due to lack of sensitivity. That means that it usually errs on the side of false negatives, rather than false positives. If you test positive on it, you're almost certainly infected.

Dave, it sounds like you got what my bull calf has! Draxxin didn't clear it up and 10 days later he's feelign down again.. Vet said another dose and banamine.. Now you know what to do!

They say alcohol kills the germ so I try to wash my throat out nightly.
I read about a home covid test:

First, pour yourself a good stiff shot;
Then sniff it to see if you can smell it;
Then drink it to see if you can taste it;

I tested myself 5 times last night. But I may need to test again tonight because today my head hurts and I have heard that is also a symptom.

I read about a home covid test:

First, pour yourself a good stiff shot;
Then sniff it to see if you can smell it;
Then drink it to see if you can taste it;

I tested myself 5 times last night. But I may need to test again tonight because today my head hurts and I have heard that is also a symptom.
Sounds like a great plan... I think I have some glenfiddich and I'm not sure I remember how it tastes!

People just aren't getting it. The hospital didn't say if I was healthy or sick. They didn't say what caused my little fever. All they said was I was negative. I try to be a positive person but now I have medical professionals who have declared me "negative". How embarrassing! I think I need to take Kenny's advise on disinfecting my throat.......

People just aren't getting it. The hospital didn't say if I was healthy or sick. They didn't say what caused my little fever. All they said was I was negative. I try to be a positive person but now I have medical professionals who have declared me "negative". How embarrassing! I think I need to take Kenny's advise on disinfecting my throat.......
That's a very negative post.

Latest posts