Muscle Anyone?

Help Support CattleToday:

DOC HARRIS":29sanjzk said:
MikeC - I call them "Broad Beams", but that connotation doesn't seem to have the panache - or - flamboyance that "Funnel Butt" seems to carry! "Funnel Butt" is so descriptive - - in a rather 'pointed' sort of way! The term "Broad Beam" evokes images to the imaginative mind which propounds poetic imageries of tessalation - albeit on a more egregious - more abundant - even in a more tautological manner than is cogent for the moment - - thereby retroceding to the original talking point of the post - "Broad Beams"! They are wide, deep, thick and abundant!

DOC HARRIS

Yeah, kinda like 2 bear cubs fighting in a tow sack.

Alice

The photos of double muscles sires always make me twitch a bit.. Impressive, very hog like in musculing.. Would I want a whole herd of them? Probably not but the do get me to thinking sometimes, which is always a dangerous things...

As far as being able to produce as efficiently as hogs.. That would be great, especiallyif I had the only herd that could do it :shock: :lol: :lol:

Victoria":3ap3o781 said:
I could not stand to look at those in my pasture everyday.

Yup, I agree. If your going to have cattle in the pasture, might as well have something easy to look at. :heart:

mnmtranching":l17uao1l said:
Victoria":l17uao1l said:

Yup, I agree. If your going to have cattle in the pasture, might as well have something easy to look at. :heart:

I don't understand this line of thinking at all???????????????

Is it that we only like cattle that we are familiar with?

We are selling muscle tissue to the public for consumption.

Because some have more than others makes it a bad thing?

I would be tempted to try them.. Have been in the past and have seen some very nice Blue crossed cattle.. I think some problem is the familiarity but I think another fear of course would be the familiarity of the buyer and if you would/could take a beating on them when you went to sell them... If you would tell me that my calving problems wouldn't significantly worsen and buyer acceptance would be good, I wouldn't care if the bull and cows were pink with purple polka dots and had hair like a highland or where nekid... There are a few cows out there that I cringe at now, if they are money makers, who the heck cares.

IL Rancher":1z0i01zj said:
I would be tempted to try them.. Have been in the past and have seen some very nice Blue crossed cattle.. I think some problem is the familiarity but I think another fear of course would be the familiarity of the buyer and if you would/could take a beating on them when you went to sell them... If you would tell me that my calving problems wouldn't significantly worsen and buyer acceptance would be good, I wouldn't care if the bull and cows were pink with purple polka dots and had hair like a highland or where nekid... There are a few cows out there that I cringe at now, if they are money makers, who the heck cares.

Well said................ ;-)

MikeC":w5vq7sbh said:
mnmtranching":w5vq7sbh said:
Victoria":w5vq7sbh said:

I don't understand this line of thinking at all???????????????

Is it that we only like cattle that we are familiar with?

We are selling muscle tissue to the public for consumption.

Because some have more than others makes it a bad thing?

Just hard for me to imagine having a herd of cattle like that. :shock:

I dont know where the thread has gone because I havent read all the posts... nor do I have the time to.

With that said, I know of quite a few people who have made very wise health decisions by switching to Belgian Beef. Their lean beef is very helpful for those with heart conditions that still would like to come home to hot steaks at night.

------------OTHER THAN THAT----------------------

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CERTIFIED HEREFORD BEEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;-)

MikeC
Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:12 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOC HARRIS wrote:
H-m-m-m-m - - have any of you ever seen something like this riding an escalator in front of you? It is an experience to watch them hustle themselves off when it gets to the upper floor, and they hesitate slightly at the end of the belt, - - - and then step trippingly off the moving step onto the stationary floor - - - -and you are STILL moving toward them? Open the gate!

DOC HARRIS

Doc, What you call the opposite of a "Funnel Butt"?

No, NO, Mike C........... the one in the middle must be angus, look at his funnel butt.......... j/k

MoGal":27aej92f said:
MikeC
Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:12 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOC HARRIS wrote:
H-m-m-m-m - - have any of you ever seen something like this riding an escalator in front of you? It is an experience to watch them hustle themselves off when it gets to the upper floor, and they hesitate slightly at the end of the belt, - - - and then step trippingly off the moving step onto the stationary floor - - - -and you are STILL moving toward them? Open the gate!

DOC HARRIS

Doc, What you call the opposite of a "Funnel Butt"?

No, NO, Mike C........... the one in the middle must be angus, look at his funnel butt.......... j/k

Hey, I didn't think of that! ;-)

Latest posts