Mickey Mouse

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":ceienkpw said:
Just read in the paper that the county south of me is going to charge you $100 for the privelege of using their recycling bins. This will be a yearly permit. I can only imagine what the roads are going to look like in a few months. I'll need to be doing a lot of gate construction for sure.

I am pretty sure that most adults can see times changing very fast. The way I figure it is, a big wad of cash was taken out of the global system. We went from having cash to spend to not having cash to spend. Cash is being sucked out of the system like a vacuum. Most people thing the wad of cash evaporated. I will guarantee you some people made a killing. That exact same cash is sitting in a very few people's vaults. Anyway, if a government needs cash, Katy bar the door, because they are coming.

HerefordSire":3ps1bn1p said:
I am pretty sure that most adults can see times changing very fast. The way I figure it is, a big wad of cash was taken out of the global system. We went from having cash to spend to not having cash to spend. Cash is being sucked out of the system like a vacuum. Most people thing the wad of cash evaporated. I will guarantee you some people made a killing. That exact same cash is sitting in a very few people's vaults. Anyway, if a government needs cash, Katy bar the door, because they are coming.

I agree. The cash is still there, it has just been moved around and is being horded. They're not only coming to take it, they're printing it as hard as the presses will roll....

Every time I hear the DC speak, I keep hearing the Mickey Mouse song in my head and want to break out in song :

M I C K E Y M O U S E
M I C K E Y M O U S E
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

grannysoo":3s60c4ya said:
HerefordSire":3s60c4ya said:
1982vett":3s60c4ya said:
No, those stopped real quick. :lol:

The guy that spent 83 days in jail for not serving jury duty later received a speeding ticket. That is how they got him. Just because there is a bench warrant out for your arrest, doesn't mean they come get you. The numbers just don't make it economical because there are some many outstanding.

In our area, they don't go looking for anyone with a warrant on them unless they are violent. I have several friends in law enforcement and they tell me that the majority of people with warrants against them are arrested in traffic stops. At this time, the statistics are that 50+% of all traffic stops result in an arrest.

Our locals are very aggressive in traffic stops. Between the revenue enhancement citations and the arrests, they keep the courts packed.

I would say that 50% is too high but I don't know. If you think the courtrooms are packed now, wait until you see what is coming. The county judge and the mayor will be under big time financial pressure. Watch out for the district attorneys.

HerefordSire":36uoj66e said:
I would say that 50% is too high but I don't know. If you think the courtrooms are packed now, wait until you see what is coming. The county judge and the mayor will be under big time financial pressure. Watch out for the district attorneys.

Actually, the figure is 52%. And don't doubt it.... with the human debris we have around these parts, I'm surprised that it's not higher.

grannysoo":jm297xr2 said:
HerefordSire":jm297xr2 said:

I agree. The cash is still there, it has just been moved around and is being horded. They're not only coming to take it, they're printing it as hard as the presses will roll....

Every time I hear the DC speak, I keep hearing the Mickey Mouse song in my head and want to break out in song :

M I C K E Y M O U S E
M I C K E Y M O U S E
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

LMAO :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I would like to see a hand count of all who voted for the current politcal party for later use.

You should have heard Bill Mahar the other evening.

On thing is for sure, we must make sure we don't break any new laws. They are getting created by the hour. There are two major laws that were approved in the last month, that are eye popping. One has to do with owner financing real estate and the other has to do with food safety. I have never seen anything like this in my life.

grannysoo":2fkbeb4s said:
HerefordSire":2fkbeb4s said:

Actually, the figure is 52%. And don't doubt it.... with the human debris we have around these parts, I'm surprised that it's not higher.

Unbelievable.

I was in mid-south Georgia one time looking at farm real estate. I was trying to find a tract and I ended up in the boon docks. To make a long story short, I got a little scared at some things and people I saw. I was not carrying a gun. I got the heck out of there.

Need a job? I know where you can get one. Bozeman, Montana....

Officials who run the city of Bozeman, Montana -- perhaps setting a new standard for privacy invasion in the name of public safety -- are insisting that job applicants cough up their usernames and passwords for any social networking sites or online forums in which they participate. Reason: background checks.

From a report on Montana's News Station:

The requirement is included on a waiver statement applicants must sign, giving the City permission to conduct an investigation into the person's "background, references, character, past employment, education, credit history, criminal or police records."

"Please list any and all, current personal or business websites, web pages or memberships on any Internet-based chat rooms, social clubs or forums, to include, but not limited to: Facebook, Google, Yahoo, YouTube.com, MySpace, etc.," the City form states. There are then three lines where applicants can list the Web sites, their user names and log-in information and their passwords.

Beyond the pale, you say? Not according to Bozeman city attorney Greg Sullivan, who defended the policy after assuring the television station that "the city takes privacy rights very seriously." (Understanding them is another matter.)

"So, we have positions ranging from fire and police, which require people of high integrity for those positions, all the way down to the lifeguards and the folks that work in city hall here. So we do those types of investigations to make sure the people that we hire have the highest moral character and are a good fit for the City," Sullivan said.

The good citizens of Montana apparently do not share Sullivan's point of view. An online poll taken by the television station showed 98% of respondents -- 98%! -- believe the policy to be an invasion of privacy, although there is no indication of how many people expressed a view and we all know that online polls are pretty much useless. Nevertheless, you don't see 98% on one of them every day.

Privacy isn't the only issue. As this blog entry on NewWest.net notes, providing your username and password to another person violates the terms of services of some sites. For example, Facebook's ToS reads: "You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account."

And a comment posted at Boing-Boing raises more legal questions:

In an interview, they couldn't ask me about my religion, my marital status, my politics, and various other prohibited categories. That's black-letter federal law that every employer knows, especially employers with in-house government-paid lawyers.

My Facebook page alone has all that information and more, most of it conveniently gathered together in a little box.

I know the bar for discrimination lawsuits is pretty high, but wouldn't any rejected applicant have a real leg up given that there's no way the city could claim it didn't know it was demanding information it wasn't entitled to know?

Of course, perhaps there's a simple explanation for what otherwise appears to be an inexplicable case bureaucratic overreaching: Maybe the request for usernames and passwords is simply a pre-employment test? If you're dumb enough to comply, you're not qualified for the job.

http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/42819

Latest posts