MEAD magnitude

Help Support CattleToday:

smartin0022

Reaction score
I added 10 straws off him to my tank he should bring my frame size up a little my cows are about a 5 avg which I like but I also need some extra frame for my customers. Anyone used this bull I love his Docility traits and that's also very key to my breeding program as most of my customers are smaller operators with limited handling facilities. I'm breeding some of the most docile cattle in my area on purpose I'm hoping this bull fits well with my cattle as that's always been a huge selling point on my replacement heifers and bulls. Hopefully someone has some reviews.

Here is his picture. I'm using ABS but select Sires had him as well. I'm not worried about the flavor of the month just curious about reviews on this bull and the program he comes from.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220131-114221_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220131-114221_Chrome.jpg
    560.7 KB · Views: 20
I did my semen inventory over the weekend and I did use two straws last year. I will check tonight to see if I have any calves on the ground from him. I like him for the same reasons you mention in your post. plan on using him on a few of my favorite cows this breeding season.

I have NOT used Magnitude, but he has been on my short list for the past 2 years (I only use 2-3 AI sires each year). But I have heard very solid reviews of his calves (on another online forum).

I've got a couple coming this July that I am looking forward to. I was a bit disappointed with the conception rate though compared to other sires used. I heard that he was pretty high up there but my semen comes from ABS in Australia, he was promoted several years ago here but never took off so he seemed to drop out of their catalogue and I got the last 20 straws that they had, may have been some careless handling issues, I don't know but looks like I am only getting about 2 pregnancies out of the 20 straws.

Ken

I checked my breeding chart last night. one pregnancy out of the 2 straws I used. she is due on the 19th of this month. looking forward to see calf hit the ground.

I checked my breeding chart last night. one pregnancy out of the 2 straws I used. she is due on the 19th of this month. looking forward to see calf hit the ground.
Would love to see the pictures when it hits the ground. My AI appointment is the 1st week of June. I'm def using Growth fund, Black Granite, NJW Historic, probably use Magnitude on a few squatty cows.

Would love to see the pictures when it hits the ground. My AI appointment is the 1st week of June. I'm def using Growth fund, Black Granite, NJW Historic, probably use Magnitude on a few squatty cows.
will do if everything goes OK.

I added 10 straws off him to my tank he should bring my frame size up a little my cows are about a 5 avg which I like but I also need some extra frame for my customers. Anyone used this bull I love his Docility traits and that's also very key to my breeding program as most of my customers are smaller operators with limited handling facilities. I'm breeding some of the most docile cattle in my area on purpose I'm hoping this bull fits well with my cattle as that's always been a huge selling point on my replacement heifers and bulls. Hopefully someone has some reviews.
We like our magnitude calves. We had good conception rate from him and ended up with a nice bull from him as well as a few really nice daughters. Daughters just got bred in November and the bull got his first duties this season

These pictures are from back in the summer. But the bull did his cleanup well and kept good body condition and is continuing to grow. The heifers will be preg checked in a couple of weeks.

@WB Angus nice looking cattle as always, I'm especially fond of your B9 heifer.
B15 is a good stout looking bull, it's a shame he had the warts, it detracts from a great picture. He appears to rank very high in the SC EPD.
You're really good with freeze branding, nice sharp edges on the letters.

@WB Angus nice looking cattle as always, I'm especially fond of your B9 heifer.
B15 is a good stout looking bull, it's a shame he had the warts, it detracts from a great picture. He appears to rank very high in the SC EPD.
You're really good with freeze branding, nice sharp edges on the letters.
Yes about the warts. Hes all cleared up now that was back in August and they were all at 12 months of age. I will get some new pictures of them soon. And with the freeze branding we learn a little more each year and some still turn out better than others.

Just saw the sale order for the SAV sale on Sat. If I read that correctly the first and second bulls to sell -- Lot 355/351-- are out of Mead Magnitude.