Liquid sunshine

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
Started raining last night about 11:30 and I mean real hard. Got up at 5 am this morning and it's still raining hard.We really needed the rain. But I need to move some hay for the cattle and I have to cross a creek that washes out when we get about 2in of rain.Not daylight out yet so don't know how much rain but i'll bet it's way over 2in.Gonna have to try to figure something out though.Bet those little newborns are wondering what the heck is going on. This weather is bad for them. Last 3 or 4 days 70's and 80's and now down to 40 and rain.

Just ramblin thoughts. Cal

Calman":1fa3li4x said:
Started raining last night about 11:30 and I mean real hard. Got up at 5 am this morning and it's still raining hard.We really needed the rain. But I need to move some hay for the cattle and I have to cross a creek that washes out when we get about 2in of rain.Not daylight out yet so don't know how much rain but i'll bet it's way over 2in.Gonna have to try to figure something out though.Bet those little newborns are wondering what the heck is going on. This weather is bad for them. Last 3 or 4 days 70's and 80's and now down to 40 and rain.

Years ago we had acalf born duriingg a 2 week long span of constant rain. Not heavy run just continuous. When it quit and the sun came out the calf hid in the trees during the day and only came out at night. I figure he didn;t know what that big scarey bright thing was in the sky.

Tell me about your avatar, Dun. That certainly is a good looking bunch. You one of them?

Calman":14whol2e said:

To top it off had dime size hail this afternoon and there is a snow advisory in effect from National Weather Service until 3am tomorrow morning. Well heck, like we say herebouts........don't like the weather, wait five minutes.

Calman said:

I belive we are about 12 hours behind yall and we are expecting to get hammered by the storm.