Lick Tank

Help Support CattleToday:

midtncattle

Reaction score
What are your opinions on using lick tanks in the winter ? What products do you lick to use in them and which tank? Thanks

In the desert on range we used the ones with the tight cover and exposed wheels in the top, they were filled with Loomix. Here a couple of years we used just open topped tanks filled with Mix 30, it is an energy supplement vs a protein supplement

midtncattle":grk6kqp3 said:
What are your opinions on using lick tanks in the winter ? What products do you lick to use in them and which tank? Thanks
Cheaper than protein tubs and you most dealers do the filling and refilling.

Purina 32-10 for open heifers, registered cattle, and idle bulls, and Mix 30 for everything else. We bought our own wheel lick tanks so that we can switch between different products.

I like mine also and will have it filled next week. I moved it this past weekend and it had about 50 gal in it from summer and I guess it had settled and when it was moved I stirred it up and cows started using it more the last few days. I found a set of plans to build a homemade tank and wheels out of plywood but seem to have misplaced the download. When I find it I will post it.

Latest posts