kickstarter

Help Support CattleToday:

shortybreeder

Reaction score
I hope this doesn't violate any rules about "advertising", but I was wondering if anyone on here has ever used the website kickstarter.com ? It seems like a pretty good way to raise some money to help cover the expenses of an expansion project... If you decide to take a look on the website, search for the project "boutique dairy" it is already done, but that was one impressive project! For those of you not interested in looking, or who have trouble navigating it, I will summarize it here: 341 people gave an average of approximately $145 to a young girl who was trying to restore her family's dairy. She was asking for $35,000 to pay for 20 organic jersey cows, and in the end her "backers" gave her almost $50,000 to restore her family project! Some of the projects aren't worth the time of reading about, but some of them are quite impressive! Here's the part that will blow your minds, out of those backers, 14 of them gave $500 or more JUST TO NAME ONE OF THE COWS! Heck, for that kind of money I'd definitely let people tell me what to write on the tags of every single calf I get! And then 7 people paid $1,000+ (each) just to be able to help do chores, and 2 people paid $2,500+ (each) to be able to spend the weekend on the farm doing chores!
Any thoughts on this? Are we crazy to be investing our own time and money into our farms if there are people out there willing to pay us just to name a calf, or to come out and hold a bottle for a newborn, or to come out and stand by a gate to help sort cattle? I know I am looking for a project to put on this website!

P.S. the most funding anyone has ever received (as of the time I am posting this) was $10,266,845 for a watch that will tell you the time and alert you when your phone gets a text/call.

There ARE people willing to pay for a glimpse at a country lifestyle! I believe it! That is funny, you may have stumbled onto a new venture.

RIGHt??
And I suppose you will need my credit card info to claim my prize!!
And that will be when he ll freezes over!
Get lost creep!
Liz

shortybreeder":2qx17ai8 said:
P.S. the most funding anyone has ever received (as of the time I am posting this) was $10,266,845 for a watch that will tell you the time and alert you when your phone gets a text/call.

Must have been enough to build it cause i saw a cammercial for it

Craig Miller":24tcrpuj said:
shortybreeder":24tcrpuj said:

Must have been enough to build it cause i saw a cammercial for it
Yeah, their goal was like $100,000 I think.

NC Liz 2":1z9bj10x said:
RIGHt??
And I suppose you will need my credit card info to claim my prize!!
And that will be when he ll freezes over!
Get lost creep!
Liz
Actually I think the way it works is that the company takes the money that you pledge from either paypal or amazon, then they take their percentage, then they send the rest of it to the "creator's" amazon account. That way they don't take your credit card info and the person you support doesn't get it either.

I'm not posting about this for my own gain, I am simply putting it out there to see if anyone has ever tried it, not trying to steal anyone's cred it card info...

Latest posts