Just Wondering

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
Seems like we are having a rash of break in's and stealing around here lately. :mad: Neighbor got his 4 wheeler stolen last weekend while he was out of town.Other neighbor was in her bedroom sleep and heard the bedroom door open,she grabbed her 38 of the bed side table and caught a glimpse of him running out the door.Couldn't get a clear shot. :mad: :mad: I am now locking barnyard gate and the shop also.
What I was wondering is,when hunting yotes you can use a caller,hunting hogs and deer you bate them in.Maby could I leave my 4wheeler in the yard and watch out the open window with one of my rifles.
Maby the 50cal smoke pole. I'm just thinking now,after all wouldn't a crook be classified worse than an animal?

Cal

Naw, they are a mollycoddled bunch of low lives nowadays........got all these rights and privileges, especially since they were victims of some perceived social unfairness. Once they are on your place they seem to have a right to be protected by you while they make off with your livelihood and possibly your life. Just ask any civil rights leader..........

Calman":3g40x2zm said:
Seems like we are having a rash of break in's and stealing around here lately. :mad: Neighbor got his 4 wheeler stolen last weekend while he was out of town.Other neighbor was in her bedroom sleep and heard the bedroom door open,she grabbed her 38 of the bed side table and caught a glimpse of him running out the door.Couldn't get a clear shot. :mad: :mad: I am now locking barnyard gate and the shop also.
What I was wondering is,when hunting yotes you can use a caller,hunting hogs and deer you bate them in.Maby could I leave my 4wheeler in the yard and watch out the open window with one of my rifles.
Maby the 50cal smoke pole. I'm just thinking now,after all wouldn't a crook be classified worse than an animal?

Cal

S,,,,,,,,,,,,,,S,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,S

farmwriter":2e049ni9 said:
1982vett":2e049ni9 said:
Naw, they are a mollycoddled bunch of low lives nowadays...

That's a new one on me. Keep yourself safe, Cal.

Actually it is pretty old. Dates back to 1833

Main Entry: 1mol·ly·cod·dle
Pronunciation: \ˈmä-lē-ˌkä-dəl\
Function: noun
Etymology: Molly, nickname for Mary
Date: 1833
: a pampered or effeminate man or boy

A few years ago a friend whose wife had cancer shot and killed a guy coming in the kitchen window trying to steal her pain medication. They charged him with murder. After a couple of years and a lot of their savings a jury found him not guilty. His wife died in the meantime also.
I would have done the same.

If its not chained down an locked they'll tote it off.. Neighbor had all his fishing gear stole last week.

We tried locking things- failed
I am thinking about putting up nail strips- if they turn off thier lights they won't see it.

I went into my storage trailer and my electric waterers and the barn insect zapper were gone. About eighteen hundred dollars worth of my property.
~Tom

Went to the funeral home to pay my respects to a freind of mine's brother. While there I saw a young guy that was paralized on the right side of his body. I ask what was his troubles. The friend said the kid,(I say kid he was 21 or 22)was stealing Game Roosters at night,and selling them or fighting them. The guy he was stealing them from,sat out in back yard with a spotlight and a shotgun. Anyway the kid went back one to many times. He was shot with 00buck with a rooster in his hands. Nothing was ever done to the guy who shot him. BUT now the kid is drawing a disability check for being a chicken thief. This is a true story.

Calman":kdiymad5 said:
Maby the 50cal smoke pole. I'm just thinking now,after all wouldn't a crook be classified worse than an animal? Cal

If you shoot him, just claim you thought he was a coyote stealing chickens. An older well respected cop told me once; " If you have to shoot them, make sure they are dead. Its alot easier to fill out the report if there is just one guy telling the story."

oscar p":t4h09ruy said:
Went to the funeral home to pay my respects to a freind of mine's brother. While there I saw a young guy that was paralized on the right side of his body. I ask what was his troubles. The friend said the kid,(I say kid he was 21 or 22)was stealing Game Roosters at night,and selling them or fighting them. The guy he was stealing them from,sat out in back yard with a spotlight and a shotgun. Anyway the kid went back one to many times. He was shot with 00buck with a rooster in his hands. Nothing was ever done to the guy who shot him. BUT now the kid is drawing a disability check for being a chicken thief. This is a true story.

I love a Game Rooster, not sure that I would kill anyone over them. However, based on some folks I've meet from SW Alabama, I wouldn't try stealing their birds.....

if you get caught stealing round these parts.youll most likely get a lead injection.people here shoot 1st ask qs later.