I'm cooking thanksgiving dinner today!

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
I volunteered to cook the turkey dinner today, so may need some help. I just pulled a 14 lb turkey out of the freezer. How long to thaw it out and how long to cook it at best temp.

Thanks,
Alan

No sweat...
1. Go find a hammer and pound a thermometer into the turkey thigh.
2. Place bird in 325 degree oven and cook bird to 165 internal temp.
3. Get the phone book out and start calling around for someplace that delivers, or at least takeout (I'd go for Chinese). You might need some snacks to tide you over till dinner.

:lol: :lol:

:shock: :shock: won't fit in the microwave to defrost. :shock:

So now I have two options;

1. Deep fry it frozen, hope that works

2. Is in progress right now, it's wrapped pretty good in tin foil and I stuck it the wood stove, I'll just keep the fire kinda small ????

Do you think deep frying in oil while frozen a better idea?

Thanks,
Again

:shock: You had better check if your insurance is in order before deep frying.

Take lots of pics :lol:

Well we decided to deep fry the bird and shot some home video of our family gathering we would like to share ...... Happy Thanksgiving! :D

We were able to save the bird, so back into the wood stove, dinners at 3 pm our time. I'm sure we will have plenty of left over turkey and I would be happy to send any of you folks a sandwich. Just give me your address and what you want on your sandwich and I get into the mail next week sometime! We're happy share with all in the spirit of the holidays!

[youtube]3vZnuYK2Wfg[/youtube]

Kathie, I must have been reading your mind, the bird is back in the wood stove and the oil from the fryer is sure making it brown up fast....... Can't wait! Want a sandwich?

Alan":cwg2wp0t said:
Kathie, I must have been reading your mind, the bird is back in the wood stove and the oil from the fryer is sure making it brown up fast....... Can't wait! Want a sandwich?
Hmmmmm. Think I'll pass, Alan. But thanks for the thought!

Well the turkey is finally done, may need a few more minutes, but I will test to see if it's done. I didn't use a themometer, I'm pretty good at judging when the meal's done to perfection. My wife, kids and grand children are treating me like a Mayan God! I'm being showered with corn and other vegetables about my shoulders landing at my feet ..... it's very heart moving and special! They're not even taking time to take the corn and veggies out of the can!!!! They're just celerbrating, with me as the center of attention. Oh, my wife just tossed me the carving knife, must be time to eat! I'll try to pull the knife out of the wall next to me and we will eat! Family really loves my effort today!!!! With pride I show you the turkey cooked to perfection and my daughter in laws approval.

l_e3af64ee7ba8a8d7b2bd2ef3b2eb8c2e.jpg

Jogeephus":29o9dpai said:
I apologize HD after getting bombarded by PM's its obvious I wasn't thinking. I had forgotten about Angie.

No need for an apology Jo !!! :tiphat:

YES ,if Angie does indeed submit some festive pics we would infact have a very close contest. :lol: :p

Alan that looks delectable ummm I mean detestable . :yuck: :lol2:

Latest posts