Illini Nation

Help Support CattleToday:

Though he is long gone, Woody Hayes' behavior on the field prevents me from ever wishing anything good for OSU. He was not a class act by any stretch of the imagination. Congratulations to Illinois.

Sure was proud of my Illini. First win against #1 ranked team since 1956. I know for some of you this is just another day at the office, but around here it's pretty big, especially coming on the heels of 0-11, 2-10, and 2-10 seasons.

We've had a top 10 rushing offense all year, but you can't be one dimensional and win consistently. The loss at Iowa proved that. They shut down our run game and that was all she wrote. Now that Juice is becoming a more accurate passer, we're a pretty dangerous team. If we take care of business vs. Northwestern we should end up in a top bowl game and then watch out next year!

I was amazed at the contrast between yesterday's game and the loss to Michigan. Against Michigan at home they looked out of synch the whole game. Turnovers and something like 140 yards in penalties killed us. At Ohio State, in a very hostile environment, they looked cool, collected and in control, especially after the first quarter. No turnovers and one penalty for 10 yards. They needed a near perfect game and they got it. 260 yards rushing and 400 total against the #1 defense in the country is more than most people could have expected. Plus the defense did what it had to do when we needed it. The way this team has grown up over the past few weeks is amazing.

Sorry for rambling. I'm pretty excited right now. :D

john250":1r3pz425 said:
Odd. Van C hasn't posted on this. Still celebrating, Van?

As a matter of fact, yes. :D Actually, the wife and I left here right after the game to babysit our two grandsons so their mom and dad could get a rare night out. I'm sure many of you know what a handful 1 1/2 and 3 1/2 year old boys can be. Spent most of the evening playing with trains, watching "Finding Nemo" and reading what seemed like 50 or so children's books. By the time we got them asleep I was so bushed I crashed on their couch till mom and dad got home. Otherwise I would have probably been yammering on here about the game all night. ;-)

Van sounds like you had a great Saturday, a huge win and grandkids! You know I love your Illini as much as you do for this week only. My Ducks had a bye week but I can't wait until the new polls come out. I think LSU will be #1 and Ducks #2. I just hope Okalahoma or Kansas don't jump up ahead of them. I also think Ohio St. may no fall too far, 5 or 6 maybe.

Congrats,
Alan

VanC":32h2h5db said:
john250":32h2h5db said:
Odd. Van C hasn't posted on this. Still celebrating, Van?

As a matter of fact, yes. :D Actually, the wife and I left here right after the game to babysit our two grandsons so their mom and dad could get a rare night out. I'm sure many of you know what a handful 1 1/2 and 3 1/2 year old boys can be. Spent most of the evening playing with trains, watching "Finding Nemo" and reading what seemed like 50 or so children's books. By the time we got them asleep I was so bushed I crashed on their couch till mom and dad got home. Otherwise I would have probably been yammering on here about the game all night. ;-)

Hmmm. I was thinking Tequilla and a trip to that motel that has the "theme" rooms. But, grandkids would be more fun. Boys. Geez, they just run into walls all the time.

I saw the 2nd half. Illini looked tough. That is one first class QB. OSU had no answer for him.

Latest posts