How short?

Help Support CattleToday:

gcreekrch

Reaction score
Does a video have to be to post directly here? I tried a 6 second clip just now and it says still too large. Not going to YouTube…..

Doing some experimenting. It seems any video I have taken and is in its original size is too big. But here is a video my friend texted to me of an old manure spreader he salvaged from here. Video gets shrunk when texted so I guess that's why it work. Gotta figure out a way to resize the vids before uploading. I guess if a person was to text it to oneself and save it would be one way lol
View attachment IMG_6429.mov

I'll keep investigating this, as I'd love to bring videos into this more. We currently have a 10meg max, which can be 1 second on some video formats.

I'm not crazy about that because it downloads to your phone if you click it. I definitely don't want any Busch Light videos on my phone. 😝
The only beer. Nah just kidding. I don't get hung up on brands of beer and the cows don't either. It is kind of funny how Budweiser tried to be all cool with that one ad and their sales still haven't recovered.

If you click insert attachment after uploading, the video is shown as a player on the site instead of downloading to your phone or computer.

I'm going to try and correct that to automatically insert.

If you click insert attachment after uploading, the video is shown as a player on the site instead of downloading to your phone or computer.

I'm going to try and correct that to automatically insert.
Mine was not giving me an option to jsut play. It was going straight to a download folder. That's on an android.

It's showing it as a clip now and not trying to download. Looks like what ever you did worked.

Currently it has to be smaller than 10 megs.

There is nothing to progress on ...you just need the video to be smaller than ten megs at the moment.

I tried to upload a 3 second video from my laptop and it says it's too large.
There video, and then there's..VIDEO! We've all see video that was grainy, blurry, slow to load. That's low quality -low resolution video.

Look at video the same as you would an image (photo), except video is kind of a crapload of individual images all strung together.

In a photo, you have the physical image size, stated in the number rows and columns of pixels (dots). Width x Length 640 x 480 for instance.
But, you ever notice some people's photos on CT take longer to load than other peoples do? It isn't necessarily because of physical size-how many rows and columns. It's because of resolution. How tightly packed together those rows and columns of pixels are. High quality photo vs low quality photo.

Video is the same ways and depending on how good the video was (in definition/resolution/frames per second) and what kind of and how much compression you used that you would know what the true file size would be. How 'long' the video is doesn't really tell you the whole story. How much bandwidth it takes up comes into play as well which is why CT has a 10meg limit on their videos. That bandwidth isn't just used when you upload it, it gets eaten up EVERY time someone views the video.

Go to a you tube video of your choice.
Click on settings and you will see different options quality (definition) options. (some of you may recognize this stalwart gentleman). The larger number represents frames per second (and other stuff) but for Youtube to present the same video in 144 vs 720 or 1080, it costs them MORE in bandwidth. And, a video of the same length shot in 1080 is a LOT larger file size than one shot and saved in 360 or 144.

settings.jpg

Latest posts