How much weight?

Help Support CattleToday:

TXBobcat

Reaction score
How much do you estimate this load to weigh?

It is 14, 6x6 coastal round bales on a 30' gooseneck trailer. I didn't run it over scales, just wondering if I was close in my estimate.

dodgehay1.JPG

dodgehay2.JPG

dodgehay3.JPG

id guess the load would weigh 12 tons more or less.i know those are nice big bales.an they look tobe tight heavy bales.

bigbull338":nykkhuia said:
id guess the load would weigh 12 tons more or less.i know those are nice big bales.an they look tobe tight heavy bales.

24,000 lbs +- was somewhere around my estimate too. I hear a lot of fellows saying they pull way heavier than that, but that load seemed like it was giving my Cummins a pretty good workout to me.

TXBobcat":e9gg1ydr said:
bigbull338":e9gg1ydr said:

24,000 lbs +- was somewhere around my estimate too. I hear a lot of fellows saying they pull way heavier than that, but that load seemed like it was giving my Cummins a pretty good workout to me.
it was aload for the cummings to pull.if you look at the pics.you can see how much your truck bed is squatting down on the rear axel.reality with trailer weight you are prolly pulling 28,000lbs.

Is your truck a 2500 or 3500? Either way that is way over the towing limit. Is your truck a auto or manual. Do you have a BIG tranny cooler? If you don't you better get one or your tranny won't last long pulling loads like that. Also, sure hope you have trailer brakes and good brakes on the truck.

tncattle":3f4hiewu said:
Is your truck a 2500 or 3500? Either way that is way over the towing limit. Is your truck a auto or manual. Do you have a BIG tranny cooler? If you don't you better get one or your tranny won't last long pulling loads like that. Also, sure hope you have trailer brakes and good brakes on the truck.

It is a stock '04.5 Dodge Ram 2500, 5.9 Cummins, with a 6 spd, 3.73 rearend. It has a B&W gooseneck hitch in it with a Voyager brake controller, which was not working properly. I just had it installed a few weeks ago, and I'm taking it back to let them diagnois the problem tomorrow.

TXBobcat":1d9282ai said:
tncattle":1d9282ai said:

It is a stock '04.5 Dodge Ram 2500, 5.9 Cummins, with a 6 spd, 3.73 rearend. It has a B&W gooseneck hitch in it with a Voyager brake controller, which was not working properly. I just had it installed a few weeks ago, and I'm taking it back to let them diagnois the problem tomorrow.

Overloaded, 25000 lbs. pushing 3/4 truck with brakes not working properly. :roll:
I hope you were just pulling across pasture to your barn and not on the hiway or any other public road.

I doubt those bales are over 1500 pounds. Coastal is relatively a light grass hay. So I guess 21,000 which is way more than ever should be hooked to a Dodge. If you ever need to tow a heavy load call someone with a real truck, a Ford. :lol: :lol: :lol: :banana:

BTW, I pulled a 40 foot trailer loaded like that with a Ford 7.3L.

flaboy?":1llaqnab said:
I dought those bales are over 1500 pounds. Coastal is relatively a light grass hay. So I guess 21,000 which is way more than ever should be hooked to a Dodge. If you ever need to tow a heavy load call someone with a real truck, a Ford. :lol: :lol: :lol: :banana:

Compared to the 30,000 lb+ loads that some fellows claim they are pulling around, I figured that was a light load. I'd guess 14 bales @ 1,300 lbs each = 18,200 + 6,000 trailer weight = 24,200 lbs.

Check out some of these loads:

:http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/showthread.php?t=158678&page=3

Guess I'll have to borrow my neighbors 7.3 next time. :lol: :help:

Sort of like that jap truck commercial. The one where they pull 10,000 pounds, H- I can pull 10,000 pounds with my Jeep! Rolling 10,000 is no big deal. I want to see him stop it with that 4-5000 pound truck with no brakes on that trailer he is pulling.

What a bunch of crap...................Oh, if they had really dropped that tanker over the cliff without holding it with something other than that truck, what do you think would happen. :p

You did good TXBobcat. Good thing you had a manual tranny.

TXBobcat":2xplayna said:
flaboy?":2xplayna said:
I dought those bales are over 1500 pounds. Coastal is relatively a light grass hay. So I guess 21,000 which is way more than ever should be hooked to a Dodge. If you ever need to tow a heavy load call someone with a real truck, a Ford. :lol: :lol: :lol: :banana:

Compared to the 30,000 lb+ loads that some fellows claim they are pulling around, I figured that was a light load. I'd guess 14 bales @ 1,300 lbs each = 18,200 + 6,000 trailer weight = 24,200 lbs.

Check out some of these loads:

:http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/showthread.php?t=158678&page=3

Guess I'll have to borrow my neighbors 7.3 next time. :lol: :help:
hey bobcat i bet that guy with the 1 tonan gooseneck loaded with 27 bales.i bet he would lose the load or blow the truck up.

Latest posts