Hold On OT!

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
The storm hit here at around 7pm. The power had gone out before 7pm.
Poles and lines were knocked down from the winds. Power just came on here about 10 minutes ago.
That is one cold wind.
Crazy wind didn't know which way it was going to blow today. East, west, north east, south west and now north west.

Hang onto your hat, I about lost mine. :D

so glad the storm didnt blow you away.ive almost lost my cap a few times in the high wind.

Well it hit here about midnite...I was asleep in bed- when it sounded like a train coming thru the house :shock: raised me right out of bed... About 10 minutes later my National Weather Service "weather alert" sounded to warn us of high winds :? :roll: Just like the government workers- A dollar short and a day late ... ;-)

Wind howled for only about 5 minutes- but I'm not sure what kind of winds those were...Tore down about 30 foot of my windbreak- ripped loose some roofing on the calving barn- and took a roof completely off my neighbors calving shed....Scattered junk and trash everywhere...

I was hoping to at least get some moisture out of this front- as they were predicting a 70% chance...Never got enough to get the ground wet- and as you said, that cold wind blew all day....
Well tomorrow they are saying 80% chance- and the possibility of getting up to a 1/2 inch of moisture....I sure wish those weather boys would get something right...

They are not getting too much right.
I could see that wind just a coming.
Heard that there was a thunderstorm south east of us.
Power went out again about 11pm and I thought I saw some flashes, but I couldn't be sure.
The wind about took off part of my chicken house tin roof. going to have to put a few more screws in it to make sure it does not get tore off.

Well we are finally getting the rain- started about 6AM- and it is raining good....Just came back in from doing chores and my hat and coat were soaked... :D We've received about a 1/2 an inch now down here on the river... :D

Just talked to the North Ranch- and they've received .6 up there- both in snow and rain since 6AM...And now the weather boys are predicting this could keep up all day- and produce over an inch.... :D :D :D :D

Boy this is sure a mood changer :) Perks a guy right up....I also just found out I have a daughter in the hospital about to deliver me another granddaughter... :D
Don't even feel like arguing with the Canucks-or cussing or discussing GW- or the government or nothing today..... ;-)
I might just slip in to the bull sale this afternoon and stop at the waterhole and have a little toddy to celebrate :D :D Probably have to fight my way to get a stool.....

Well that is good news. I mean both the granddaughter and the rain. :D
All we are getting is a cold wind from the north west. I did catch the noon weather report and it looks like you are going to get a bunch of rain and possiblely snow. Enjoy it. :D
Just don't hog it all ;-)

So any name for the new arrival? How about Rainy? :lol: :banana:

The whole town has a smile on their face- except for a couple of city slickers that wanted to go golfing tonite :roll: How a little moisture can change the feelings of a rural community is unbelievable...

We had an inch by the time I left for the bull sale about noon... Half way during the sale a friend of mine that was buying bulls for a neighbor received a phone call from him and told him that they had received 1.7 inchs on his pasture land near Circle and the creeks were running- and 1.2 at his house west of town and for him to "Buy More Bulls"....He ended up getting 6- but actually wanted more.... :D :D

Waterhole was packed with everyone celebrating and even the tight wad equipment dealers timbering the bar ;-) ....Dealer told me he had 22 new combines sold- just dependent on if they were going to be needed...Million dollar rain for him....

Just got home and we have 1.8 inchs of rain in the gauge- and I don't know how much wet snow sticking around the edges--ground is now white...Weather boys forecast 80% chance- and up to 2 more inchs of wet snow tonite.... :D :D

Wife reports that it doesn't sound like my new granddaughter wants to appear in this world until tomorrow when the sun is predicted to be shining and the grass growing....Don't blame her....

Definitely a BILLION dollar rain..... :D :D :D

That's great news about the rain. :D
You guys over there really needed it after last year.
Here's to hoping the hills are green and the granddaughter is super pretty. :tiphat:

UPDATE-- We ended up with 1.8 on the river bottom- and 1.35 at the north place......Some areas ended up with up to 3 inchs- others got an inch or two and up to a foot of wet snow....I had to go in at noon to handle a couple of court hearings and the whole town is still pretty upbeat over the moisture.... :)

Daughter had a 7lb 9 oz baby girl named Paityn Jean about 5PM that according to Grandma is the most "beautiful baby ever"- which I won't argue with her about.... :D ;-)

Oldtimer":1a6yjx3f said:
UPDATE

Daughter had a 7lb 9 oz baby girl named Paityn Jean about 5PM that according to Grandma is the most "beautiful baby ever"- which I won't argue with her about.... :D ;-)

Oh, congratulations OT ;that is wonderful news . What a pretty mane for the new baby girl. Glad to hear everything went well and smoke a cigar for me. I will have a shot of CC tonight to help you celebrate.
:banana: :tiphat:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

That is good news OT and the moisture is an added benefit. Did you suggest Rainy to them? I have some good hiding places out here. ;-) I would join you both in a drink, but as tired as I am, I won't wake up in time to start cooking for the branding tomorrow. Expecting 20+ people. :shock: Will have to take some pics and post them later.

Latest posts