Heifer calfe and a Dog

Help Support CattleToday:

rattler

Reaction score
One of our heifer's had her calf this morning and the first thing the dog had to do when he saw it was to go check it out well this was not a very good idea the calfe bauled a little mom came runnin she caught ole shep off guard turned the old boy a flip then here come the rest of the cow's i don't beleve a dog has ever moved that fast.Well i guess you just had to be their.I found out she is gonna be a protective cow and ole shep found out what not to do.

rattler

It could have been worse!
Your dog could have run and hid behind you.
That's why I no longer use a dog!

rattler, now that I know the dog wasn't hurt and neither were you - I would have paid money to see that! I can just imagine the look on that dogs face! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Sir Loin":3sg34sll said:
It could have been worse!
Your dog could have run and hid behind you.
That's why I no longer use a dog!

Well that would have been hard for him to havr done since i was of the back porch.But you are right i am glad i was not in the pasture.
msscamp i wish you could have seen it the dog is a bigger than the calf when she hiot him he bounced like a ball.

thats a good story... cattle dogs gotta be tuff.. my blue healer has been kicked, butted, had a big round bale rolled over her, bitten by coyotes, and still she keeps on getting out there again.

Limomike healer's are tuff as a pinenot.One of the my freind's got one she is the best cow dog i ever saw.

rattler

yep, I wouldnt trade her for any other dog.. Shes been great for the 5 years I have had her.

Latest posts