Hauling cattle through Atlanta to Calhoun

Help Support CattleToday:

alabama

Reaction score
Took some bull calves up to the Calhoun Georgia bull test yesterday. That is a top notch operation they run up there with very nice and helpful people. I think they are feeding out 160 bulls this year. All new fences and working equipment. Georgia is supporting its cattle industry education.
We went through Atlanta hauling the bull calves and at one point the interstate was 16 lanes wide. Quite an experience and one that needs the assistance of a navigator when hauling cattle through Atlanta if you don't know where you are going.

I'd have a heart attack, I don't like big cities. I am in Dallas a lot and I can't imagine hauling cattle thru there.

I've hauled through Dallas quite a bit but I know my way around, which helps. Get one of those good GPS's and it will help tremendously. Heck, some of them even tells you which lane you should be in.

slick4591":v6czwm0q said:
I've hauled through Dallas quite a bit but I know my way around, which helps. Get one of those good GPS's and it will help tremendously. Heck, some of them even tells you which lane you should be in.
Directions ain't the problem, it's being drawed up so tight I couldn't shyt a greased BB. Oklahoma City is no problem, Dallas is a different animal. I used to haul cars thru Dallas on a roll bed and towing one behind, i didn't enjoy it.

Isomade":lt77n7bh said:
slick4591":lt77n7bh said:
Directions ain't the problem, it's being drawed up so tight I couldn't shyt a greased BB. Oklahoma City is no problem, Dallas is a different animal. I used to haul cars thru Dallas on a roll bed and towing one behind, i didn't enjoy it.
Heck Dallas never bothered me much but then again I was hauling backhoes all around Dallas pulling them with a 1 ton chevy dually when I was 16

Angus Cowman":3ma8i6e1 said:
Isomade":3ma8i6e1 said:
slick4591":3ma8i6e1 said:
Heck Dallas never bothered me much but then again I was hauling backhoes all around Dallas pulling them with a 1 ton chevy dually when I was 16
Yea, but Dallas has changed a lot in 60 years AC. :lol:

Latest posts