Gibbs Raisin' Cain

Help Support CattleToday:

Cada22

Reaction score
Anyone have an experience with this bull? Stumbled upon him while looking for breeding options for Angus/Holstein cross cows

A friend of mine used him on an angus/Holstein cross. The result was a nice heifer that was 710lbs at 200 days. He intensive grazes his pasture. His only complaint was that there was too much fat in her udder already.

Oughta bring muscling and tenderness to the equation. Good docility score. Moderate milk.
You could do worse.

I bought a cane from Select Sires. Have not used him. I may this December. He is an Upgrade son. Should be stout well muscled big boned.

We are looking forward to trying him. Hope to build our herd around him and Gibbs genetics.

With the ANxHO cows... milk production may have an adverse effect on timely breedback...unless you're gonna be providing quite a bit of extra feed. You might look for SM bulls with below breed average milk epd, but other desirable traits.

We've got a number of daughters of PRS Blazin Hot W192(milk epd 4.5; bottom 1% of breed) coming on... fancy, good looking blaze-faced/baldy heifers with good docility... waiting to see how they milk when they calve out... dams of most of these girls have plenty of milk.
https://cattlevisions.com/detail.php?BullId=3306

Bright Raven said:
I bought a cane from Select Sires. Have not used him. I may this December. He is an Upgrade son. Should be stout well muscled big boned.

Did you ever try him out?

Ok. I didn't get to AI those cows and they are coming back in now, so starting to look for options again

Latest posts