Funny stories

Help Support CattleToday:

Chris H

Reaction score
We periodically have a funny story thread here; we just got a funny story today so I thought I'd start a new thread for this show season.

Husband & GS9 were taking care of the cattle at the fair today. I got there in the evening after my day job. I noticed GS's shirt was speckled with more 'dirt' than usual. I asked about it, but he said, "I'll tell you some but don't ask about the rest". He said he got manure on his shirt and grandpa told some friends about it and now they have a new saying, "You're having a Joey kind of day" when things are going bad.

Husband went home to do feeding while I stayed to help GS put the cows to bed at the fair. So when I got home I got the rest of the story:
Husband was putting water in front of one of GS9's heifers. GS9 was working behind the heifer. Heifer sucked down a bunch of water, lifted her head and gave a big cough. She shot manure 6+ feet, well except for what GS9 caught with his head and chest! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Grandpa didn't know what happened until GS stuck his face in his, between the cattle. He sent him over an aisle to where our cttle are stalled for open class, to get a cloth, but he couldn't open the box. Then he sent him to the faucett, but he didn't know how to wash off. Luckily the barn wasn't busy because he went back and forth several times before grandpa took him to the bathroom to wash up. Grandpa said he didn't know what was funnier, the glob on the end of his nose or on his forehead!
There isn't a 'smilie' that fully explains how hard I was laughing when I heard the full story!

Your GS will forever remember the ocassion. Lesson learned: always keep your eye on the south end of a northbound bovine. I'm 50 and only been caught off guard 1 time since the firts spew job I got. :nod: :lol2: PS he's also going to fondly remember these times with his G's well into his adult life.

Chris, the same thing happened to me when I was a teenager. We were milking one evening....an old stanchion barn where all the cows face out. I was walking down the aisle behind them and one coughed and crapped at the same time, hitting me right on the side of the face. Had it in my hair, ears, nose, mouth, pretty much everywhere. My aunt & uncle laughed so hard they cried. Pretty harmless stuff when you think about it, though.