fiber glass

Help Support CattleToday:

simcross

Reaction score
Has any body had water tanks or metal feed bunks fiber glassed.
I hear there is a place in Iowa that does this fiberglass is suppose to last 20 some years

I dont know about that, but I have thought about having one Rhino or Line-x'ed.

I'm looking at some stuff called Sta-Kool. It's a water proff roof coating. Just not sure about what chemicals may leach into the water. Same problem I have with most petrochemical products for the same use

dun

Just got a reply about Sta-Kool from the manufacture. Can't use it. They didn;t say why.

dun

Once it started ageing I'd be leery of fiberglass splinters.
I've seen fiberglass used to cover metal. But never in a situation where it would come in contact with animals.

Been there done the bed liner thing. It collects the algae etc, on the sides and bottom and boy is it fun to scrub off of those bumps. If you want to try it for yourself do the Rhino lining it's bumpy the Line X has a very rough sandpaper surface.

How expensive is that? I have an 8 foot round tank that is rusted through. I would replace the tank, but is set in a cement pad and I dont want to try and lift it out until I am sure thats what I want to do.

3MR":dovs4aht said:
How expensive is that? I have an 8 foot round tank that is rusted through. I would replace the tank, but is set in a cement pad and I dont want to try and lift it out until I am sure thats what I want to do.
I don't know what the cost would be now. I haven't ordered from them for quite a while now, so I don't have a price list. Their stuff is not cheap, but I've always been happy with the results I got from all the products I've used. There's a phone number at the bottom of the link. If you give them a call they will send you a current catalog and they've always been real good about taking the time to talk to you about what you're doing to make sure you get the right product and apply it properly.

I had a couple of leakers. I decided to buy a 20' by 40' plastic tarp. It cost about $25. I cut it in half and lined both leakers using it as liners until I could get things fixed. LOL now I have decided it is fixed. Think I will leave well enough alone as is until I need a "new liner".

I stretched nylon rope around the perimiter at the top of the tank to hold in the excess tarp. The cows played with it a few times and untucked it. Now they no longer seem amused and leave it alone.

ctlbaron Wrote:

Rhino liner works great and its tough stuff.

Can you use this stuff for stock tanks used for drinking water for cattle?

Thanks
Dick

Latest posts