Fattie

Help Support CattleToday:

flaboy

Reaction score
Ingredients·
. 1 lbs bulk sausage (maple is awesome)
· 1/2 cup chopped onions chopped granny smith apple
· 1/2 cup chopped green pepper shredded swiss cheese (can used sliced cheese)
· 1/2 cup shredded swiss cheese (can used sliced cheese)
. 16-18 pieces of sliced pepperoni
· 5-7slices bacon
· bbq dry rub seasonings

Directions
1. Flatten out your sausage into a rectangle inside a 1 gallon freezer bag. The cheaper the better. I use a rolling pin.
2. Now cut this bag down the sides from the opening. Flip this over to lay your bacon on.
. add fillings to your desire. In this one cheese, onions, green peppers, and pepperoni. You can use anything. I have used scrambled eggs, onions, green peppers and cheese.
3. roll up jelly roll style using the plastic bag to roll it up or it will stick to everything. When you get to the end of the sausage have your bacon strips laid out on the other half of the bag and roll it right on over them to wrap the whole thing up in bacon.
4. seal up the ends of the sausage really well and wrap bacon over the ends to help seal and toothpick them.
5. rub with your favorite bbq rub. Foil and stick in freezer for a few minutes to firm it up.
6. smoke in smoker @ 225 degrees for about 1 1/2 hours=until the internal temp reaches 165 degrees.
7. Let sit for 20 minutes before slicing!

Tips

1. Cool your fillings before putting them in your flat sausage or you will have a big mess.
2. Cool the whole thing in the freezer for a few minutes to make handling easier.
3. Can be done in the oven or grill. On the grill only light one burner and put the fattie on the other side.
4. If done in the oven or grill you can set it in foil to cook till top is nice and brown and then flip the bottom up.
5. I always make too much filling so be aware of this.
6. Slice for snacks or have a slice with coffee for breakfast.

I use and internal temp of 165 to done.

When I saw the title, I thought you were talking about something else.

Little organic farming, there Fla?

Lammie":2ccczhpy said:
When I saw the title, I thought you were talking about something else.

Little organic farming, there Fla?

What did ya think I was asking for a new group especially for Crowder? :lol2:

Latest posts