Fans for showbarns

Help Support CattleToday:

showmomof2

Reaction score
For those that show calves what kind and what size of fans do you use in the show barns? That is our last thing we need to purchase. How many calves per fan? Thanks in advance!

showmom, I don't have the answer so I hope someone will chime in with opinions. We are borrowing one fan from our breeder. We did buy a turbo fan at the farm supply store for cheaper than in the show catalogs. I hope it lasts as long.
We just have one fan for two calves.

I didn't use a fan, but some did and man was it chilly. I imagine one day I'll have to get one, but my two did fine without. I would perfer one that hangs up though.

WE 2 sullivan's 24" Turbos on one calf with an added mister ring -- he's not tied so he can stand in front of them if wants or not.

i have two 24 inch sullivans and that have ran great....i got my first fan last summer and in april the switch went bad but they are just cheap switches.........i usually like to have a fan for each calf if possible

I also have 24" Sullivan fans.. but I keep looking at those huge box fans and thinking they move about twice as much air and the same price as the Sully fans. Of course you can't haul them to shows.. but I'm going to invest in one for the barn shortly.

TheBullLady":4w24zt6t said:
I also have 24" Sullivan fans.. but I keep looking at those huge box fans and thinking they move about twice as much air and the same price as the Sully fans. Of course you can't haul them to shows.. but I'm going to invest in one for the barn shortly.

Speaking of big box fans -- Showmomof2 you can usually pick up old chicken house fans pretty cheap to use at home. We got 4 last fall for $40 a piece.

farmwife":3mdlx6oq said:
TheBullLady":3mdlx6oq said:

Speaking of big box fans -- Showmomof2 you can usually pick up old chicken house fans pretty cheap to use at home. We got 4 last fall for $40 a piece.

How true - I bought two older 42 inch belt driven fans at auction - 40 bucks each if memory serves me correctly - and they work perfectly - I use them to cool the shop down in the summer - screw the cattle - I need MY comfort!!

:lol:

Bez+

We bought used scales from a guy in Oklahoma that had a bunch of the really big box fans (used--from chicken houses) for sale. He wanted between $25-50 for them. I don't know if he still has them but here is his email if you want to try him, [email protected] . His name is Alan Howell. We didn't need any at the time but they were in very good shape. Good luck.

I kept a Turbo fan hanging in the stall at last 1 fan per calf then have some on stands for when you have them tyed up an need a fan or what ever. Teamed up with washing 2X a day will grow hair in south east Tx. Plus I had the misting ringa but the probelm I ran into was the tips stopping up so if you get a spray bottle and mist them when you don't feel like taking them to the wash rack works good to. ;-)

Latest posts