Endovac

Help Support CattleToday:

Aaron

Reaction score
Anyone using it in their cowherd? I am trying to eliminate the few Salmonella infections/deaths I have had in 2 week old/month old calves in the last couple of years. That was vet's recommendation and from the vaccine manufacturer literature it seems like a pretty good option. I have my Rota and Corona virus covered already with Calf Guard at birth.

I switched from Calf Guard (I used it as an oral vaccine on the calf not as an injectable vaccine on the pregnant cow) to First Defense because I believe E coli K99 is a bigger risk than Rotavirus. First Defense covers K99 and Coronavirus but not Rota.

The other thing I do is use corid starting at 6 weeks as a preventative for coccidia.

This routine has worked well. The last two fall calf crops have not had any cases of scours (intestinal infection) so I don't think salmonella is a problem here.

My Vet recommended it last year as a preventative for pink eye. Everything got at least one round of it. I never treated anything for pink eye. Was it the year or the vaccine? I dunno but I'm using it again this year.

I ended up ordering two 50 dose bottles to try on the spring-calving cows. Better be some phenomenal stuff for $300.

Chocolate Cow2 said:
Where did you order it from? Valley Vet has it for $82.95 for a 50 dose bottle.

By the time you turn that into CAD and pay the shipping and possibly some duty that sounds like about the same price.

Yeah, that is Canuckistan price through my vet. Glad it's only one dose a year after the initiation rounds.
I know this thread is old, but wanted to see how your calves and cows are doing on the Endovac Beef vaccine or did you stop using it? I'm contemplating using it this year on new born fall & winter born calves to reduce sickness. Manufacture and sales rep rave about it, but I'd like to hear from users that have used it for a few years and have a baseline to go off of.

I know this thread is old, but wanted to see how your calves and cows are doing on the Endovac Beef vaccine or did you stop using it? I'm contemplating using it this year on new born fall & winter born calves to reduce sickness. Manufacture and sales rep rave about it, but I'd like to hear from users that have used it for a few years and have a baseline to go off of.
Still using it. Haven't had any scour or mastitis issues since I started. Pinkeye has been eliminated and foot rot is minimal to non-existant. They cant make claims about pinkeye and footrot but other testimonials have noted the same effect. I do all the cows and heifers once a year, and during the summer when weather is nice, not weeks before calving. I don't bother with 2nd dose on heifers. Expensive, about $4.40 US per dose.

Definitely worth the money to me.